2008 SoCal Fall Rally - All set - Details here...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The Socal fall Rally is set as follows,

Campground: Pachanga RV Resort
Dates: October 17th-19th
Phone: 877-997-8386

Attendees:
  1. Open B15
  2. Open B16
  3. DennisZ - B17
  4. Larryheadunter - C17 (drive thru):rolleyes:
  5. Mike - A18
  6. Sandman - B19
  7. Dena and Roy A20
  8. Bob&Patty - B21
Call and reserve your spots as soon as possible. They will not hold the sites unless Pat and I pay for all of them up front. Check in time is 1:30 to 2PM. All sites are 55 feet long and you are allowed 2 vehicles per site. There is a 48 hr cancellation time limit on the sites or you will be charged. The Charge for the 2 nights is $93.60 with AAA or Sams club membership. When calling in, give them my name, Robert Hartsell. They said they would put Heartland down but I bet they dont. Bob:D:D:eek:

Last edited:

sdgirl

Pechanga here we come !

Hi all~ Sorry,,, Yet another pet emergency and a wedding in Phoenix last weekend. Roy and I will be there. We like Pechanga! Thanks to everyone for doing the research. Who would have thought there'd be that much trouble trying to put together a weekend?? Seesh!

Hmmm,, wonder if I can get off work early to watch Larry park????? ;)

Pot luck on Saturday night?

Bob&Patty

Hi Dena and Roy, glad you can make. It's been awhile since we have seen y'all. Well Dennis, all I can say is the number I posted is the number I called today. Maybe the tribe had a new number installed after they found out that Larry was coming. And just to make it real plain, the sites "ARE NOT" set aside for our group. It's still first come,first serve. Dennis, how appropriate that you got B-17, since you work on aircraft. Bob:D:D:eek:

sdgirl

We're in A20

Roy and I are going to off work early on Friday. Want to head out before the I-5 North bound gets totally clogged up,,, which happens FAST on Friday afternoons. Can't wait to see you all hear about all the summer trips! hope everyone brings their pictures.

Bob&Patty

Hi Dena, great that you guys can come. Just a thought, you might want to change your site, cause you may be 2 rows away, I think. See if you can get it changed to the B row. Bob:D:D:eek:

Bob&Patty

OK guys, we now have 4 of the old gang together. Where are the rest of you and some of the new Socal group???? Bob:D

Bob&Patty

Hey Sandman, thanks for coming. Larry called me from LV and I got to talk to the whole gang that is there. Sounds like they are having a great time. I talked to J.B. (Jim Beletti) for a couple of minutes, he can't make this rally but sends his best to everyone. Well now. things are looking up. Bob:D:D:eek:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Gang,
We had a great time at the Nevada rally this weekend and met alot of nice people, besides seeing some of the socal group again as well. We had a nice talk with cheap Bob, (Forrest is very disappointed he didn't get to see the old man who claimed poverty as his reason for not attending LOL), and the potluck had over 20 people congregated at Debbi and my site. Sorry I couldn't put on a parking show as we arrived safely and parked without any problem (pull thru). Other than being so hot you could fry an egg on DennisZ's head, we had a ball, and found out we have some hot kareoke singers including my Debbi and Sue. JimBo chickened out as he was afraid he might scare everyone with his voice, but Karen and Forrest put on a great show and we thank them very much for their hospitality.

See you all in Pechanga. We are going to the NoCal Rally first to meet those folks and then coming back south after a stop in the wine country rv resort on our way to the socal rally. Deb and I look forward to seeing everyone. This is getting to be fun.

After hearing about everyone elses crashes and parking problems, could we all please put the larry jokes to rest? On our summer 32 day trip I had no accidents and parked my rig many times safely, albeit I just like pull thrus. Is that a sin? My DW would appreciate it, although I can give back as much as I take!

Bob&Patty

Pot Luck

Hi Larry, glad you and all the gang had a good time. Glad you mentioned a "pot luck" dinner. For those of you that are signed up for Oct. 18th, we need to start posting what we are going to bring. Bob:D:D:eek:

Bob&Patty

Larry, if we didn't like you we would not tease you. If it will make you happy, I will take the pull thru and you can have the back-in site. You have to admit and even Debbi has to, that your a funny little guy. Bob:D:D:eek:

Last edited:

sandman

SoCal potluck

Mrs. Sandman here, what type of food does everyone usually bring for the potluck? I would love to bring something but dont know if we are supposed to bring a main dish or a side dish? :confused::confused:

Bob&Patty

Hello Mrs. Sandman, well sometimes everybody brings a salad or a dessert and there own main dish. This why we throw this out for discussion. Last time Dennis made his ribs, Patty made a meatball dish and lasagna(?) , so it just depends. So make what you comfortable with and post it. We will figure it all out. No one has ever been hungry after the pot luck. Bob:D

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Well, Bob I guess I could change my user name to "funny little guy", nah, keep it up Cranky Bobster, I will just trip you, and tickle you with your cane when I see you in Pechanga.
Sandman family, at our potlucks someone brings salad, or a casserole, or chili and beans, or a tri tip (DennisZ), veggies or veggie dip, deviled hard boiled eggs, or desert, its your personal choice. If its a side dish, bring enough for everyone. Then we post what we are bringing so that everyone doesn't bring the same dish and on Saturday nite, we chow down together, usually at my site, as I have the tequila, whiskey, beer and good music. Anyway, its a great way to meet new people, and yap away. As an example, my DW and I are going for no particular reason to the NoCal rally, and then going for 3 days to the wine country rv resort with a couple, Kathy and Dave, we met at the LV Rally. Then on to Pechanga for a mighty fine time. Darn, retirement isn't too shabby.
Anyway, anybody else who lives somewhere on the West Coast come join us for the second 2008 SoCal Rally. Maybe we will strap Cranky Bob to a tree and throw darts at him for fun.LOL

Bob&Patty

Thanks Larry for the stellar words. BTW, larry you need to paint the ends of 3 fingers so you don't forget, cause this is the 3rd Socal rally. It's really bad to get old and forgetfull:confused:. Anyway thanks for the advise on the pot luck and have a good time up north. Bob :D:D:eek:

sandman

Hey everyone has anyone talked to pslincs they posted a while back they were going to come to the rally , but i havent heard any thing more so i was just checkin, and thanks for the pot luck info Bob & larry i will pass it on to my dw seeya.

sandman:

jbeletti

sandman,

I have spoken to Shane (pslincs) as recently as yesterday by email. Send him an email (not PM) via the forum. I am sure he'll respond back quickly.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Hey Larry, when did someone bring a desert to 1 of our rally's????? Dennis live's in the high desert, but I don't think he brought it with him. BOB:confused:

pslincs

Hey Guys, we would love to come, but we have had two separate funerals we are going to attending this month. So we won't be able to make it, but we will be looking forward to future chances to meet everyone! Have a great time!