Motorcycle chock installation location

Mayhem731

Hello All,
I purchased a Condor trailer only motorcycle chock and want to install it in the garage to haul my Harley Davidson street glide but are concerned about holding tank locations before drilling. Can anyone help?

pjones1969

Yes it is insulated. I was thinking of using lag bolts until I discovered that.

Thats a tough one without actually knowing the trailer layout, I have a Biker Bar, had it in my Puma Unleashed which had an enclosed underbelly in the garage....... lots of measuring, it also sits farther back mid-frame so usually not much in that area.

I’m installing it in my Cyclone this weekend, no enclosed underbelly so it’s a much easier install.

Have you seen this type of recessed mount?

https://www.amazon.com/Flip-Recessed-Motorcycle-Wheel-Chock/dp/B004JBB9BA

porthole

Retired
My motorcycle trailer came with those flip up chocks. Although nice when closed, pulling 850 pounds of bike out of them was difficult. They also did not allow stand up without the kickstand. My bike was lowered and when in the chock I couldn't use the kickstand.

On the Cyclone, for well over 25,000 miles I used Condor chocks and after the first season I no longer bolted them down. I just put a '2-by' on the floor against the door frame or portable freezer-cooler if that was in the trailer.

Unload the bike and move the Condor to the far side of the garage.

Mayhem731

My motorcycle trailer came with those flip up chocks. Although nice when closed, pulling 850 pounds of bike out of them was difficult. They also did not allow stand up without the kickstand. My bike was lowered and when in the chock I couldn't use the kickstand.

On the Cyclone, for well over 25,000 miles I used Condor chocks and after the first season I no longer bolted them down. I just put a '2-by' on the floor against the door frame or portable freezer-cooler if that was in the trailer.

Unload the bike and move the Condor to the far side of the garage.

Thanks,
My problem is myTH has a Glass sliding door across the entire interior therefore I would like to bolt the plates to the floor. The chock is held by additional screws which allow the chock to be removed when needed.

porthole

Retired
Thanks,
My problem is myTH has a Glass sliding door across the entire interior therefore I would like to bolt the plates to the floor. The chock is held by additional screws which allow the chock to be removed when needed.

Same as mine, full glass patio door. I put the 2x6 across the floor up against he patio door.
I had the Condor mounting plate on the floor for awhile and then just removed it.

The Chock kept the bike upright, the straps kept it stable. I did add a 5th strap around the rear wheel to limit any forward movement.

avvidclif

Ok, watching with interest as I use the Pingel removable chocks. Last trip one side came out and the bike was supported by the tie-downs and 1/2 of the chock. There was no damage to anything but it could have been bad. So I've been looking for a "better mousetrap".

From what I am reading with the Condor it doesn't have to be bolted to the floor. Ride the bike into it and strap it to the chock. Then another 1-2 to keep it from moving around. Is that correct? I could use the existing tie down points to limit front to back and side to side movement. The bike is a Harley Dyna at abt 700 lbs so it's no baby but not as big as the dresser I did have.