What is this switch

I am in a 2016 Heartland RW 427
I have been in this trailer for about nine months and still have no idea what this switch does. The red one, it lights up when it is turned on. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. figure I should know what it does because my kid flips it off/on all the time.
Also, the switch underneath is for the AC units. I was told up is the bedroom AC unit, and down is the living room AC unit, the middle is both AC units off. Just wondering if there is a way to run both of these units at a time.
20180604_140522.jpg
As always, thanks for the help,

Cheers

jimtoo

Hi GL15Brewer.

Usually that switch is for the 120V heating element of the electric water heater. If it has been turned on and no water in water heater it probably has ruined the heating element. Your unit would still work on propane, but not electric only.

Jim M

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I see in your picture that your water heater switches are up above those. Do you have the Yeti package (also called the arctic or cold weather package) on your RW? If so, its probably for the tank heaters and the heat tape around your tank water line.

Rod

Yes the water heater switches are above. I do have the Yeti package, there is a switch for that above also. (not in the picture). Should there be 2 switches for the Yeti package, we used it in Gallup NM and still had lines freezing so could be I guess. Any idea on the AC?

Thanks

LBR

2 switches for the Yeti package...

The small one is 12 volt heat tape that warms the fresh water line.

The 120 volt switch (usually red lit) supplies various holding tank pad heaters power....pads are on bottom on tanks, so you should have a few gallons of water in each before turning switch on to prevent melting the plastic tank bottoms.

To keep all basement lines happy during freezing weather, keep trailer furnace on low temperature nightly as it blows warm air into the trailer's "mechanical room" to prevent freezing.

PondSkum

Yep, the red switch should be for the holding tank heating pads. The A/C switch is a bit more complicated. My rear unit has gone bad, and I had to figure out how to run the Bedroom and "living room" unit at the same time. It involved running more wire and tapping into different breakers, since the switch is connected to 1 breaker that cannot handle both units at the same time.

Also be sure to check out the Heartland Road Warrior Owners Group on Facebook for more RW specific topics!