Water Presure

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
For years we used a non gauged water regulator. Now with this new udc in our 3760 it says max 100psi water pressure. Seems a bit much, what kind of pressure is safe for the 3760? I always thought it was around 8-psi

rhodies1

Pretty much all the units are spec’d at 100 psi from the factory due to using Pex pipe.I use a regulator which has a range of 40 to 55 ft lbs,I don’t trust going any higher,,better to be safe than have a line come apart in the basement compartment.The higher the water pressure.. the chances the pex crimps will leak if not crimped properly from the factory and we will not go there with that issue.........

danemayer

The 2017 Landmark manual says:
A PRESSURE REGULATOR SHOULD ALWAYS BE USED WHENCONNECTING TO CITY WATER. EXCESSIVE WATER PRESSURE CAN
DAMAGE LINES AND CONNECTIONS, CAUSING WATER DAMAGE TO
YOUR RV. MAKE SURE WATER PRESSURE NEVER EXCEEDS 60 PSI.

In my opinion, it's ok to use a non-adjustable regulator that doesn't have a gauge, but you'll want one that's also rated for high water flow. Low-priced regulators sometimes also restrict water flow.

Lynn1130

8 psi is pretty low but perhaps you meant 80. That may be too high. I have a regulated control set at 60 but to be honest I have not found an RV park that has that much pressure. Most are in the 45 range and by the time you had a filter and softener to the line it is much lower. I measure it before I connect everything and go from there. If it needs regulation I do that. In most cases the filter/softener do the regulation with controlling it more.

sengli

I have a regulator with a gauge..recently was at a RV park, and the water PSI read 60. I had one fitting in the basement area that lasted two days then started to seep, at that pressure. We rarely camp at places with full hook ups. Luckily I carry my PEX fittings and tool, fixed the fitting on the fly. I too try to set my operating pressure in the 50- 55 PSI range.

edenston

Rotarian / Broker Realtor
8 psi is pretty low but perhaps you meant 80. That may be too high. I have a regulated control set at 60 but to be honest I have not found an RV park that has that much pressure. Most are in the 45 range and by the time you had a filter and softener to the line it is much lower. I measure it before I connect everything and go from there. If it needs regulation I do that. In most cases the filter/softener do the regulation with controlling it more.

How do I add a picture

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
How do I add a picture
After you click the Reply to Thread button you can click on the paper clip Attachment icon or the Insert Image button.
You may have been restricted from posting a picture because of your limited amount of posts.
You should be good now.

Peace
Dave

MTPockets

As someone said, get a good quality regulator, don’t scrimp. We’ve stayed at RV parks who advised everyone to use a regulator due to their systems higher than normal pressure. Mountain View in Heber City, UT comes to mind.

SLO

PEX is rated higher than 100 psi but there is other types of water lines in a RV that may be rated less. One important benefit of a PRV is to protect you in the case of a surge from the water company. Our city requires PRV on new construction to protect themselves from possible surges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
Thank you for all the info, I too prefer to be safe rather sorry. I have never used a gauged regulator but will be traveling to Hinton in the morning to get one.