Anyone else have a BH280?

twincoast

Hi All,

My wife and I just purchased our 1st RV, the 2019 Pioneer BH 280. I've gone online and noticed there are not a bunch out there. Our dealer only had 2 on the lot when we bought ours. Since we are new to the RV world I'm looking to see if anyone else has this model and if they like it, problems, etc.. Any feedback would be helpful.

jimtoo

Hi twincoast,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

Gabriel

just brought home a BH280 2019 last weekend - Have not yet went anywhere with it, only issues so far:

-orange light on the side popped off and dangling because the installer stripped the 2 screws that held it - put bigger screws with thread locker..
-on/off switch on antenna booster behind tv was busted... took it appart, put switch back together on the circuit board.. works now
-metal shavings EVERYWHERE
-staples sticking out of carpet on slidout floor...

overall good experience, from everything I read you get these issues with any of the major brands at this value level.

Gabriel.

I just purchased one. First camper so I am pretty excited. I am a mechanic by trade and have a background in construction. Like said above I have metal shavings everywhere, saw dust in the floor vents, had to reinstall the blind over the couch, touch up some trim work here and there, tack in some partly installed staples etc. Overall I love the layout and was able to make it my own very easily. I am going to read my owners manuals for everything tonight (again new to campers). Noticed something was said above about an antenna booster i knew nothing about that. Glad to hear this kind of "lack of pride and workmanship" is common on these travel trailers. I was beginning to think I got a raw deal.

danemayer

I just purchased one. First camper so I am pretty excited. I am a mechanic by trade and have a background in construction. Like said above I have metal shavings everywhere, saw dust in the floor vents, had to reinstall the blind over the couch, touch up some trim work here and there, tack in some partly installed staples etc. Overall I love the layout and was able to make it my own very easily. I am going to read my owners manuals for everything tonight (again new to campers). Noticed something was said above about an antenna booster i knew nothing about that. Glad to hear this kind of "lack of pride and workmanship" is common on these travel trailers. I was beginning to think I got a raw deal.
Hi drodsgarage,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

In addition to reading the manuals that came with your trailer, let me point you to a collection of owner-written user guides in this folder.

Thank you! I will definiatly give those a thorough look through. I'm full timing as well so wanna gather as much info as possible.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Rey6940

My wife and I purchased a 2019 BH280 Pioneer this summer. We really like the floorplan as it fits our needs very well. However we have had numerous problems with the trailer right out of the gate. So far the worst problem was the bathtub drain, the 1 1/2" drain pipe broke loose and flooded the trailer and undercarriage. The nut that connects the pipe to the drain was over tightened and cracked. Consequently it didn't hold long. I repaired the drain pipe and had to replace the insulation below the tub and repair the weather seal. We have had 4 water leaks at various locations, all due to loose pipe connections. The paneling in the bedroom below the escape window was not stapled sufficiently and came loose. The escape window also had a water leak, requiring the window to be recaulked. The list goes on.. my main concern now is the push out. I just winterized the trailer and put in storage and noticed the push out doesn't fully close, tight at the top but bottom is 3/4" from seating. If anyone has experience with this and how to fix I would appreciate a note. Regards

My wife and I purchased a 2019 BH280 Pioneer this summer. We really like the floorplan as it fits our needs very well. However we have had numerous problems with the trailer right out of the gate. So far the worst problem was the bathtub drain, the 1 1/2" drain pipe broke loose and flooded the trailer and undercarriage. The nut that connects the pipe to the drain was over tightened and cracked. Consequently it didn't hold long. I repaired the drain pipe and had to replace the insulation below the tub and repair the weather seal. We have had 4 water leaks at various locations, all due to loose pipe connections. The paneling in the bedroom below the escape window was not stapled sufficiently and came loose. The escape window also had a water leak, requiring the window to be recaulked. The list goes on.. my main concern now is the push out. I just winterized the trailer and put in storage and noticed the push out doesn't fully close, tight at the top but bottom is 3/4" from seating. If anyone has experience with this and how to fix I would appreciate a note. Regards
Had the exact same issue with the tub. I added more 2x4 supports after installing new flange nut. Had to add internal metal brackets inside the shelf above bed. Paneling not secure well to wall behind couch, ordered upgrade control board fo water heater. On and on

Rey6940

Had the exact same issue with the tub. I added more 2x4 supports after installing new flange nut. Had to add internal metal brackets inside the shelf above bed. Paneling not secure well to wall behind couch, ordered upgrade control board fo water heater. On and on

Also had to re support the shelf over the bed, only a couple of staples and one grab and the whole thing let loose. While checking for openings in the under seal to make sure were rodent tight, I found several locations where the under seal had been cut to gain access to wiring or plumbing and taped up with cloth tape all of which was coming loose. So much for keeping the critters out. I bought several rolls of Flex Seal tape, 8 inch wide and patched every opening. Almost as good as new. There were several locations especially around the sewer drain valves where the foam fill was insufficient and left a veritable highway for mice to find a nice warm spot. Refilled these openings with large area expanding foam. Latest thing while winterizing the trailer was a bundle of wires along the front of the trailer just below the rock shield that were completely exposed and hanging loose. Had to push them back in and seal over the top with putty tape and Flex Seal tape. I can go on but need to get back to work. The trailer is winterized and covered so until spring I won't be worrying about it, much..

BrannonB

I don’t have that model of pioneer but I do have a DS310 which is basically the same exact thing, I too had shaving, staples and sawdust in every floor vent. I too had to adjust my slide, it wasn’t too/bottom but had to move mine forward about 1”.

Just got an email for a recall on the outside cooktop gas line recall # 18v-760. Just a heads up in case yall dont check email

DrewVin

How did you get the email. Did you have to register for something like that? I just bought a BH280.

Tapatalk
2019 Pioneer BH280
2016 Ford F-150 FX4
Ont. Canada

How did you get the email. Did you have to register for something like that? I just bought a BH280.

Tapatalk
2019 Pioneer BH280
2016 Ford F-150 FX4
Ont. Canada
I dont remember registering anywhere. Probably just got my email from the purchase.

Gabriel

2nd update after a year of ownership.

Quite a few more problems, I'm still happy with my purchase nonetheless.

-all the caulking everywhere cracked and pulled apart over the winter - not pleased, I had to redo it all

-AC unit cycles incorrectly, kicks off and back on immediately constantly in warm weather... If I put the thermostat to maximum it stays on but gets too cold.. indicating this to be a thermostat issue. I called Dometic, they wanted to send me to a place 2 hours drive away to have the unit serviced..... rather than the place i purchased it from new 15 mins down the road. I tried remounting the thermostat further away from the wall, and sealing the 1 inch hold they drilled for small wire (assuming some warm air might be coming out of that hole from the wall... it seems to have helped.. but havn't used it enough to tell for sure.

-numerous plumbing leaks due to not tightening fittings properly

-got the recall noticed, called my dealer... took them 2 months to get the part in from Heartland.. now the part is in, but still haven't scheduled me in to swap the gas line.

I'll mention Again - I did lots of reading before purchasing this Pioneer trailer, and almost every brand in this price point has nothing but horror stories on all these little things, so I was expecting this. I am still happy, but we'll see how it goes from here.

The good: for the most part I absolutely love this trailer.. it's perfect for what we need, it allowed us to take a 3 week road trip with our little toddler last August, and we have a 2000 mile trip planned in May!

paulndebb

Sorry for your troubles. We just bought a pioneer bh250. We bring it home tomorrow.

2nd update after a year of ownership.

Quite a few more problems, I'm still happy with my purchase nonetheless.

-all the caulking everywhere cracked and pulled apart over the winter - not pleased, I had to redo it all

-AC unit cycles incorrectly, kicks off and back on immediately constantly in warm weather... If I put the thermostat to maximum it stays on but gets too cold.. indicating this to be a thermostat issue. I called Dometic, they wanted to send me to a place 2 hours drive away to have the unit serviced..... rather than the place i purchased it from new 15 mins down the road. I tried remounting the thermostat further away from the wall, and sealing the 1 inch hold they drilled for small wire (assuming some warm air might be coming out of that hole from the wall... it seems to have helped.. but havn't used it enough to tell for sure.

-numerous plumbing leaks due to not tightening fittings properly

-got the recall noticed, called my dealer... took them 2 months to get the part in from Heartland.. now the part is in, but still haven't scheduled me in to swap the gas line.

I'll mention Again - I did lots of reading before purchasing this Pioneer trailer, and almost every brand in this price point has nothing but horror stories on all these little things, so I was expecting this. I am still happy, but we'll see how it goes from here.

The good: for the most part I absolutely love this trailer.. it's perfect for what we need, it allowed us to take a 3 week road trip with our little toddler last August, and we have a 2000 mile trip planned in May!

SammyW384

We purchased out BH280 (our first RV purchase) about 3 weeks ago now. We are temporarily staying in it for a couple months while we do a job transition to another state. Overall, I am somewhat satisfied with our purchase; however, there are some issues. We too noticed way TOO MUCH sawdust and metal shavings throughout the trailer. We had to do a thorough clean because we could not put our feet on the carpet without being stabbed by the metal shavings. The sawdust was all over and in the vents as well. I went through and pulled the access panels off on the interior and vacuumed the excess dust and metal shavings that I could reach. This allowed me to see the lack of quality control put into the release of these trailers.

I'm going to do an adjustment on my slide out today. The rear of the slide out seems to be extending too far causing it not to seal. I've noticed moisture on the carpet at the base of the slide out and there is no indication of any plumbing leaks. It seems it is condensation as a result of the slide not sealing correctly at that point. I'll give an update if it works.

Overall, we are happy with the trailer, I was super disappointed in the quality though. It seems they could spend a few hundred dollars more and significantly improve the quality assurance/quality control.