Bighorn floor material

We have a concern with the " 5/8" Seamless Weyehauser Structurewood".

Very familiar with 5/8" marine plywood but I know nothing about this "Structurewood"..

Anyone know how it holds up to moisture etc... ?

Many thanks,

Bill B. (Michigan)

Tom of Ypsi

Bill, I can tell you that the floor does not warp with moisure at least in my case. The first test of my washer and dryer and found out the factory did not connect the drain. I had water pouring out, even seaping through the front cap. This was last spring and not signs of any warping. BTW I have the w/d in the front of my coach, the old style.

BigBlue

BigBlue
I don't know about warping because of water but we've had the floor in the kitchen come up. I had to glue the corner down. The wood came up with the linolium. So far the glue is holding it down. This is with a Landmark Monticello

Scott

Weyerhaueser Structurwood

I am pretty sure that I have addressed this in one of the threads on this forum - but here is the story on Structurwood again.
Structurwood is a marine-grade plywood that has produced by Weyerhaueser for close to 20 years. In my earliest years in the business (the 80s) there used to advertisements in RV trade publications that showed regular plywood pieces soaking in a glass of water right next to Structurwood pieces soaking in their own glass of water. The regular plywood was all swollen up and literally disentagrating in the water after just a few hours, while the Structurwood was still intact.
It was honestly a pretty big selling point on large quarter of a million dollar busses that the company I worked for back then. It has always been and remains a great floor for a quality RV.
I would assume that if you got on Weyerhaueser's web site, that you could read more about it.

It's funny, because not that long ago, someone on a forum had made light of Heartland's use of "cheap osb board". That is about the farthest thing from the truth. This product is not cheap, it's expensive and another great thing about it - in fact, one of it's best selling points for RV usage - is that we can get it in lengths of 24' without any seams at all. Typcially, RV floors are just filled with squeaks and noises from all of the seams in them (every 4'). While we still get the occassional complaint about a squeak in one of our floors (it's virtually impossible to be 100% squeak or creak free), every time I go to an RV show and walk through competitive products, I realize that Heartland owners have pretty solid floors under their feet.