Nested Slide out

imchud

Just a quick question, I have a 09 3385 :D... When the slide-outs are nested (closed) some of the trim plates that covers the gaskets on the top and the sides nest flush with the the coach... On the large living room slide, one side nest flush while the other side is bumped out about an inch... The gasket still fills the gap but I was just wondering if its anything to be concerned about... Actually the top and bottom part of the slide "side" in question are only sticking out about 1/2 inch while the middle is at the 1 inch mark... What do you think???

Tom

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Tom, can you push your fingers thru to the outside at the gaps?? If so, you might want have the slides inspected and maybe adjusted. You can adjust them yourself. It's really pretty easy, I did mine cause the dealer couldn't do it or didn't want to?????:confused: BTW, get some good hand tools and keep them with you. Most of us have found it's just better fix it yourself. Some dealers do good work but most only do 1/2 a&% work. Bob:D:D:eek:

imchud

Thanks Bob,
There is only one slide in question, with one side of that slide that sticks out about and inch and no i can't get my fingers into the slide because the gasket is squished in there pretty tight... anyway Im not sure I would know how to adjust the slide if i had to... And your right about the dealers doing a 1/2 baked job... I had a simple problem with the "cheap" thermostat that they use for the fantastic fan, so the dealer said they replaced it :confused:... and it still didn't work... The dealer actually told me I didn't know how to turn it on :eek:... So, I replaced it with a real one, when I removed the old one the i saw the brass arm that makes the connection on the back of the unit was broken??? There was no way they could have even tested it, it would have never worked... I get the pleasure of returning the old one tomorrow....None

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Tom, glad you understand what I relayed to you. Now as far as the slide in question. Are you talking about how it fits the out walls of the coach or the inside walls?? My rear left side doesn't fit for crap at the front. But, it's as good as it will ever be, cause I adjusted myself. I spent about 2 hours on just the one slide. If your slide does't leak water and you can't see daylite through it, or feel any drafts, leave it alone. I would however keep an eye on it cause things do shift and settle with time and travel. Just my 3 cts worth, (money is getting tight):eek: BTW, you can download all the stuff about the slides and other Lippert stuff from there website. Bob:D:D:eek:the cat

imchud

I was talking about nested in the traveling mode, the slide is "in".. I wont mess with it because it doesn't leak;) thanks for all the help...