Baggage compartment door

Nightshifter

I was tired of always hanging on to the door on the road side basement access. I installed a gas assist strut and a brace on the door for strength. Now the door opens past 90 degrees and stops. No more flying around in the wind.

Attachments

• A3A3F01C-14C7-427E-B012-FD6022F24C11.jpg
    A3A3F01C-14C7-427E-B012-FD6022F24C11.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 106
  • D2E61393-7E55-4EA3-B761-D044B6B4AEFD.jpg
    D2E61393-7E55-4EA3-B761-D044B6B4AEFD.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 96

SLO

I like the idea of the diamond plate for the mounting surface. Nice job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This was my simpler solution to that problem. I added the aluminum reinforcement plate to both doors.

Attachments

• Cargo Door Secured.jpg
    Cargo Door Secured.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 75
  • ODS Door Reinf..JPG
    ODS Door Reinf..JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 60

Nightshifter

Yes you definitely need something to reinforce the inside skin of the door because it is paper thin. I just couldn’t get myself to drill a hole through the outside.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yes you definitely need something to reinforce the inside skin of the door because it is paper thin. I just couldn’t get myself to drill a hole through the outside.

Once I summed up the courage to drill the first hole, the rest were easy. :) It doesn't take getting spanked by that door too many times to decide to do something about it. How did you attach the strut to the door opening?

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I put these on instead. They are the same size as the oem magnetic ones that hold my curb side door open. I installed the last one in a position that it works for the propane door as well. I even put one on the inside of the propane door in case it is open and I need to get into storage.

Magnets.JPG

Magnets 2.JPG