New EMS PT50X

GregP

Just took delivery of a new portable EMS from Progressive Industries, the EMS PT50X. After five years of electrical Russian Roulette, I broke down and bought one for the Bighorn. Looking forward to years of worry free (hopefully!) electrical hook-ups.

farside291

I heard, not sure if its true or not, that you have to keep the original box if you have to send it in for warranty??? I wouldn't know, I have never sent mine In for warranty in the 8 years I have owned it. But, I do know the box went bye bye long ago. Very dependable unit, saved me a couple of times. I always plug it in first to the pedestal to check power at the pedestal before connecting trailer.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I heard, not sure if its true or not, that you have to keep the original box if you have to send it in for warranty??? I wouldn't know, I have never sent mine In for warranty in the 8 years I have owned it. But, I do know the box went bye bye long ago. Very dependable unit, saved me a couple of times. I always plug it in first to the pedestal to check power at the pedestal before connecting trailer.

No you do not have to keep original box just your proof of purchase. I have had to replace mine twice. It sacrificed itself once and then melted once. Both times replaced under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I know I don't have the box and not sure about the proof of purchase although it's probably around here somewhere.
I do know that when I had a problem the only questions asked were what is my name and what is my address.
They sent the needed parts to me ASAP.

Peace
Dave

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know I don't have the box and not sure about the proof of purchase although it's probably around here somewhere.
I do know that when I had a problem the only questions asked were what is my name and what is my address.
They sent the needed parts to me ASAP.

Peace
Dave

New company bought them and now you do need proof of purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregP

I'll save the original box, at least untilI have had a chance to test the unit. As far as proof of purchase, I ALWAYS save documentation related to any purchase with warranty. I'll probably have the paperwork long after the EMS and the rig are gone. My kids can sort it out when they settle up the estate.

Alan_B

We are on week 5 of a 6 week trip and the Progressive EMS has blocked two high voltage and one low voltage issues at campgrounds.

I am glad we have it.