Basement door

Shelly2

We need to replace our exterior basement/storage door. If we order a new one is it easy for us to install? Does it come complete with frame and all?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It is relatively easy to replace the door assembly since it is just screwed to the framing around it, with just a small bead of caulk along the edge. The replacement should come already mounted to the flange.

I’ve replaced all four of my cargo doors, but I got them used from another owner that upgraded his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shelly2

It is relatively easy to replace the door assembly since it is just screwed to the framing around it, with just a small bead of caulk along the edge. The replacement should come already mounted to the flange.

I’ve replaced all four of my cargo doors, but I got them used from another owner that upgraded his.

Lucky you!
Thank you. We’ll see if we’re at all handy.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When you do replace them, I recommend applying a bead of caulk around the entire backside of the door frame flange before you install it. Then put a small bead around the perimeter after it’s installed.

Shelly2

When you do replace them, I recommend applying a bead of caulk around the entire backside of the door frame flange before you install it. Then put a small bead around the perimeter after it’s installed.

Thank you, I’ll be sure we do that.