Mavx air cover

carl.swoyer

I attempted to install the max air vent covers but aborted the project.
They didn't have the clearance to allow the vent cover to open up all the way ?
Any input would be great.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Carl, if you have Fantastic Vent Fans, use their covers. They allow complete opening of their fan lids. I’ve used them on my last 3 RVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Carl, if you have Fantastic Vent Fans, use their covers. They allow complete opening of their fan lids. I’ve used them on my last 3 RVs.

Guess I will be selling these two lol.

WillyBill

I attempted to install the max air vent covers but aborted the project.
They didn't have the clearance to allow the vent cover to open up all the way ?
Any input would be great.

I DID go ahead with the Maxx Air vent cover over my Fantastic Fans. Yes they do not open all the way but I can't really tell a reduction in flow. I think the Maxx covers's styling is a little classier - I like their lines better. The wife says I can use a bit more class anyway.:p

WB

carl.swoyer

I DID go ahead with the Maxx Air vent cover over my Fantastic Fans. Yes they do not open all the way but I can't really tell a reduction in flow. I think the Maxx covers's styling is a little classier - I like their lines better. The wife says I can use a bit more class anyway.:p

WB
When you open the vent does the motor keep running when the lid hits the max air vent covers

WillyBill

When you open the vent does the motor keep running when the lid hits the max air vent covers

Cover Motor turns off when rpms drop after topping out. Same as when it shuts. Fan motor runs as normal. Max cover really doesn’t seem to restrict airflow noticeably. Especially when under 100% speed.

WB

carl.swoyer

Cover Motor turns off when rpms drop after topping out. Same as when it shuts. Fan motor runs as normal. Max cover really doesn’t seem to restrict airflow noticeably. Especially when under 100% speed.

WB
Thanks for the input.

jbeletti

Carl, you will remove the Dicor from 4 of the many screws that hold the fan in place on the roof. Then remove the screws. Then reuse those screws to fasten the 4 included brackets. Re-Dicor the screws and install the cover to the brackets.

carl.swoyer

Carl, you will remove the Dicor from 4 of the many screws that hold the fan in place on the roof. Then remove the screws. Then reuse those screws to fasten the 4 included brackets. Re-Dicor the screws and install the cover to the brackets.

Thanks Jim.
When I get home to Florida I'll purchase them.

Garypowell

Carl,

a little late late jumping in here but I also bought an off brand vent cover. Simple 4 screw install as Jim B described.

Once it was on I realized the original vent cover would not open all the way but determined 2 things:

1. I could not find any difference in the air flow after the install.

2. The vent lid stops rising up due to the torque on the motor. So it made no difference to the operation of the lid being stopped because it was either the torque from the natural end of lid travel or hitting the cover I had installed.

A few months later I went out and bought the same “wrong” lid.....with no regrets.....and saved some money too.

carl.swoyer

Carl,

a little late late jumping in here but I also bought an off brand vent cover. Simple 4 screw install as Jim B described.

Once it was on I realized the original vent cover would not open all the way but determined 2 things:

1. I could not find any difference in the air flow after the install.

2. The vent lid stops rising up due to the torque on the motor. So it made no difference to the operation of the lid being stopped because it was either the torque from the natural end of lid travel or hitting the cover I had installed.

A few months later I went out and bought the same “wrong” lid.....with no regrets.....and saved some money too.
Thanks allot for all the input. I'll think it over on my way back to Florida.