Help with gauge wiring...

hamangum

Picked up unit from shop after getting repairs. Now my fuel tank gauge doesn’t work! I am not taking it back to the dealer- long horrible experience- for them to repair this.

It appears that they removed the control panel at some point - I can tell due to the shodyy way it was put back in- overtightened and crooked, and 2 screws stripped out.
Anyway, I removed in gently to see if maybe a wire was loose- I did find a random white wire with no end connector (like the others in the panel) but not sure what it goes to.
Wondering if anyone might have the wiring diagram of how the wires SHOULD look on the back side of that dual fuel gauge- this is a a 4150 Cyclone.

Thanks in advance! We are about to leave on 6 week trip and will be mostly on generator power so having this fixed would sure be nice!

Thanks.

WyoCyclone

Picked up unit from shop after getting repairs. Now my fuel tank gauge doesn’t work! I am not taking it back to the dealer- long horrible experience- for them to repair this.

It appears that they removed the control panel at some point - I can tell due to the shodyy way it was put back in- overtightened and crooked, and 2 screws stripped out.
Anyway, I removed in gently to see if maybe a wire was loose- I did find a random white wire with no end connector (like the others in the panel) but not sure what it goes to.
Wondering if anyone might have the wiring diagram of how the wires SHOULD look on the back side of that dual fuel gauge- this is a a 4150 Cyclone.

Thanks in advance! We are about to leave on 6 week trip and will be mostly on generator power so having this fixed would sure be nice!

Thanks.

Im currently ina similar situation as my guage is faulty as well. Looked through a bunch of posts and it appears as though that white wire is pretty common, may be for lighting the gauge so not needed? I plan on tearing into my panel tomorrow and will keep you apprised of my progress. I suspect a loose wire, ground or otherwise. Also the gauge is probably a Faria gauge and some have found a wiring schematic on their website. I haven’t gotten that far yet.

WyoCyclone

Ok, I’m going to be of little help. Went out to the trailer yesterday and decided to unplug it from my 30 amp plugin and try the guage, what do you know, it worked. Plugged it back in and it still worked. So, I have a functioning gauge...for now.