Recommendation for mattress replacement

Ann&Ted

We have a landmark and really need to replace the mattress. Has anyone ever replace there's with a "Casper mattress" like you see on tv? Or do you have any recommendations. Our original has a huge compression indent on my side and is painful to sleep on.. We have on the road for almost 2 months now and getting less sleep every night.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

soilmovers

I have purchased a few "Casper" type mattresses. UPS delivery. They are rolled and compressed/shrink wrapped into a shipping box.
My only complaint was the odor. It needs to air out for a few days.

Just a couple weeks ago, I purchased a mattress for our new Cyclone. The company is Happsy.com. They sell organic mattresses and bedding. Absolutely no odor.

The box was very heavy. I opened the box in the LR and heaved the plastic wrapped roll to the bedroom. Once on the bed platform, I carefully cut the plastic wrap and unrolled it. Poof! It was a beautiful, thick mattress. It's a little on the firm side but I added the foam topper.
I am happy with the purchase, so far.

Cindy Jones

Roller4tan

Tuft & Needle here (T&N) great mattress. Replaced our Rv king with their Queen size. Cut the platform down to size. Added space to get around bed.

farside291

Same here, replaced the too soft king mattress with a queen Tempurpedic. Great sleeping and easy to make the bed now with the additional room created by cutting the bed platform.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
We used an Otis Mattress. Haley 110 was the model
http://www.otisbed.com/index.php?cID=173
https://www.urbanfutonbeds.com/Haley-110-Futon-Platform-Bed-Mattress-by-Otis-p/ot-hal110.htm
Much firmer than the Moonshadow. very comfortable.

Ordered the short Queen from UrbanFutonbeds.com
https://www.urbanfutonbeds.com/Best-Futon-RV-Mattresses-s/158.htm

I could also recommend the Otis Moonshadow. We have this mattress that is over 12 years old and is well used by not by any means worn out. Seems like it is nearly as new as the new one we got this year.
https://www.urbanfutonbeds.com/Moonshadow-Futon-Mattress-by-Otis-Bed-p/ot-moon.htm
http://www.otisbed.com/index.php?cI1D=172
This is pretty firm but somewhat soft.

Although they are listed as futon mattresses, they really are platform bed mattresses and are designed to be used on surfaces like found in our RV.

BarbandFrank

We replaced the King mattress in our Landmark with a King Sleep Number and have been very happy with the Sleep Number. We are full time, so a comfortable mattress is a big deal for us since hubby has back problems. We did not want to buy a mattress without testing it first, and are a bit skeptical about mattresses that come shrink wrapped like a burrito (Denver), so the Sleep Number allowed us to test it and it has worked out perfectly for us.

Speedy

I'll second the recommendation of Tuff & Needle. We've had ours for close to four years now. #1 mattress on Amazon. Stays cool while sleeping and is not too heavy. Sleep Number beds are nice but as travelers you have to be careful with altitude changes.

bwdt

I'm in the process of shopping for a mattress due to the fact that my mattress that came with the trailer that is one month old and only slept in for abut fifteen days has turned into the grand canyon. :mad: Why companies would waste dollars and resources on stuff that is complete junk is beyond me? Just stupid, penny wise pound foolish mentality. I told them that I don't want the same mattress again and they told me to go out and purchase a mattress and send them a receipt and that they would reimburse me the amount of the mattress it came with along with shipping.

I would like a latex mattress, I had one at home and liked it. I might do a hybrid with latex but have not found any. I'm extremely hesitant to purchase online but it looks like the only way to go. So who has purchased a latex mattress? From who? And how do you like it?

Thanks

MountainDon

I got a latex mattress from Denver mattress company and have been sleeping on it fort least 12 years .... and I am a big guy - not generally easy on mattresses. We are very happy

Don

bwdt

I got a latex mattress from Denver mattress company and have been sleeping on it fort least 12 years .... and I am a big guy - not generally easy on mattresses. We are very happy

Don

Is that from Denver Mattress company or is it a Lippert Denver Mattress?

danemayer

...I told them that I don't want the same mattress again and they told me to go out and purchase a mattress and send them a receipt and that they would reimburse me the amount of the mattress it came with along with shipping.

Please circle back around to this thread and let us know when you get the reimbursement check as I think this will be the first time anyone gets reimbursed for upgrading to a better mattress (or upgrading any part).