Domestic thermostat- very odd behavior

SCPOSWRET

This might sound crazy but I’m guessing that someone else with longer RNing time may have run into this issue:

I am currently using an older model Samsung 32” pretty plain Jane / nothing fancy TV. When I use the remote that came with the TV, several strange things happen:

1) I turn on the TV using the TV remote and the Axxera unit turns on at the same time.
I then have to turn off the Axxera unit manually and the TV works pretty well normal after that, except:
2) Should I turn off the TV by pushing the on/off button on the front, yep, are you ready? — the Domestic thermostat changes from AC to Furnace and starts blowing hot air.

My only conclusion, (noting I’ve tried has fixed the problem) at the moment, long story short, is to buy a new TV, “smart tv” model (which I cannot find anywhere with built in Bluetooth), and add a BT adapter to it so I can add a BT sound bar to mount in the rear of the rig because it’s almost impossible to hear the TV with the AC running. Any of your experiences and solutions you found with this type of problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

carl.swoyer

Is your thermostat wireless or remote control capable?
Second,
Possibly a short especially if the furnace/ac is on the same circuit.
Call Heartland customer service with your vin and describe to them specifically what is happening. If you email them they can forward it to the engineering team and they can possibly tell you where to look for a short.
This might sound crazy but I’m guessing that someone else with longer RNing time may have run into this issue:

I am currently using an older model Samsung 32” pretty plain Jane / nothing fancy TV. When I use the remote that came with the TV, several strange things happen:

1) I turn on the TV using the TV remote and the Axxera unit turns on at the same time.
I then have to turn off the Axxera unit manually and the TV works pretty well normal after that, except:
2) Should I turn off the TV by pushing the on/off button on the front, yep, are you ready? — the Domestic thermostat changes from AC to Furnace and starts blowing hot air.

My only conclusion, (noting I’ve tried has fixed the problem) at the moment, long story short, is to buy a new TV, “smart tv” model (which I cannot find anywhere with built in Bluetooth), and add a BT adapter to it so I can add a BT sound bar to mount in the rear of the rig because it’s almost impossible to hear the TV with the AC running. Any of your experiences and solutions you found with this type of problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SCPOSWRET

Is your thermostat wireless or remote control capable?
Second,
Possibly a short especially if the furnace/ac is on the same circuit.
Call Heartland customer service with your vin and describe to them specifically what is happening. If you email them they can forward it to the engineering team and they can possibly tell you where to look for a short.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No, thermo is not wireless nor remote control capable. It’s the OEM model. I’ve purchased new “smart” TV, most all symptoms gone except Axxera still comes on but I’ve turned the volume down to zero and/or changed mode to an Aux selection so that there is no possibility of sound. No further negative reaction to the Thermostat. Just as an extra precaution I’ve bought a Honeywell replacement thermostat and will install after returning home from current trip. /thank you for your suggestions.