Broken Toilet in 2018 427 RW

MTSMAN

Hello All,

just bought our 2018 Heartland Roadwarrior 427 RW two weeks ago. It is our first RV so the learning curve has been fun.

Currently my SO just tried to flush the toilet by the back room and a plastic piece cracked off and now the plastic piece that keeps the liquid in the toilet does not move with the pedal.

My questions:

1. what kind of toilet do i have?
2. does anyone know what could cause this and maybe a schematic of the toilet pieces?

Any other advice is welcomed. Assume no RV knowledge at all :)

-MtsMan

danemayer

Hi MTSMAN,

Congratulations on the new Road Warrior and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you're prepared to take the toilet apart to fix it, you might find it easier to just replace the whole unit. I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can look up which toilet your rig has and may agree to ship you one for self-install.

MTSMAN

danemayer,

Thank you for this quick reply. I have called HL and left a voice mail in the general mailbox. I plan on reporting what happens here for anyone that is interested.

Thanks again.

-MtsMan

danemayer

If you don't hear back within a few hours tomorrow, allowing for time zones, call back and wait for a human being to pick up the call.

Speedy

When this happened to my Dometic 310 toilet I found that there are no replacement parts for the flushing pedal, flapper or shaft. I bought a new toilet. Being that yours is under warranty your call to Heartland is sound. I would also try the toilet manufacturer (Dometic or Thurford) and see if they replace it under warranty.

In the mean time I found a clever way to use the toilet if you need to. Let me know if you need that info.

wdk450

Usually the toilet make/model/serial number tag is on the bottom rear of the base unit, very difficult to see without a mirror, and you may have to pull off the lower shroud.

MTSMAN

Thanks all!

I called the Heartland Warranty again. They are sending out a mobile tech the 3rd of next week. I will let you know how it goes.

For the record, they never called me back from the voice mail but once I spoke to a human it was ez. Thanks again for the great advise and help.

-Mtsman