Roof peeling back in front.

Alucard

Why do so many Terry's (both V21 and 22) have the issue of the roof peeling back on the front end of new units? What brand roof membrane material is used and what thickness? Is it glued? Was it cut too short? Just trying to discover the source of the problem so that it can be remedied and the Terry line can earn a better quality reputation.

sengli

Didnt realize this was an issue. Maybe its from the shape of the roof, causing it to be aero incompatible.

Alucard

I purchased mine new less than 60 days ago and have less than a 1,000 miles on it and the roof is peeling back. I have photos of at least 5 others with identical issues. The only reason I checked the roof was that so many posted the problem so I got out the ladder and yup...mine too.

Attachments

• IMG_3394.jpg
    IMG_3394.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 97

danemayer

I purchased mine new less than 60 days ago and have less than a 1,000 miles on it and the roof is peeling back. I have photos of at least 5 others with identical issues. The only reason I checked the roof was that so many posted the problem so I got out the ladder and yup...mine too.
From your picture, it looks like you may have an adhesive issue. Not sure this is the same defect others have had.

donr827

I would call customer service and send them a picture. Water intrusion can cause the adheasive to let go.
Don

rhodies1

It looks like just a poor installation from the assembly line.The membrane should be installed under the edging ,glued,metal strip and then caulked,something is amiss here.

SNOKING

I will bet going down the road at highway speeds you have a big ballooning bulge up there, or will shortly. That area is a low pressure area while traveling at highway speeds. Chris

Furious10

I would call customer service and send them a picture. Water intrusion can cause the adheasive to let go.
Don
Believe me...they have been called, emailed, pictures sent, discussions started...no resolution. People are getting very heated about this wide-spread issue.