RG 2X ToyHauler Owners - Where do you store your table when toy hauling?

hdjeff

Greetings fellow RG Owners

I recently traded an RG22 toy hauler for an RG26. Regardless the model, it has always been a mystery to me what Heartland intended for stowing the dining table when hauling toys. I could never find a satisfactory location in the "garage" area where the benches fold up on either side, and the strap over the passenger side wheel well does not look up to the task given the weight of the table (did I mention heavy?).

Anyway, I always end up lugging it to the front of the trailer and placing it on top of the bed. My question is; am I missing something obvious, or is the top of the bed the intended storage location? What is everyone else doing with their dining table when hauling their toys?

Regards,
HDJeff

CarterKraft

Greetings fellow RG Owners

I recently traded an RG22 toy hauler for an RG26. Regardless the model, it has always been a mystery to me what Heartland intended for stowing the dining table when hauling toys. I could never find a satisfactory location in the "garage" area where the benches fold up on either side, and the strap over the passenger side wheel well does not look up to the task given the weight of the table (did I mention heavy?).

Anyway, I always end up lugging it to the front of the trailer and placing it on top of the bed. My question is; am I missing something obvious, or is the top of the bed the intended storage location? What is everyone else doing with their dining table when hauling their toys?

Regards,
HDJeff

My solution was to burn mine...

Its a terrible design really and I replaced my table with a 5' "lifetime" fold in half table. Much more versatile and allows me to use it where I see fit, outside/inside etc.

PondSkum

mine is in my home garage. we use a small folding table also... horrible design on the tables in these things.

Marty1

We have an Pioneer RG28 Toy Hauler. The dealer installed a strap on the left wall (when you are standing on the ramp) beyond the wheel well (corner of the side wall and front wall) similar to the straps used to hold the bench tops up when hauling the bike. So our back table stands folded and upright (flat against the left wall) with a strap horizontally across the middle. The tech at the dealership did it on his own as we were doing the final walk-through. I pointed out "hey what do I do with this table when we are hauling or just on the move". He said hmmp...and came back with a long strap, a couple screws and a drill. It didn't take him long and has worked perfectly over the last year and a half. By the way that was Camping World, Charleston SC.