Cable Internet question

HappyKayakers

Since we're going to be in one place for several months and had to pay for cable TV anyway, we added cable Internet service. I bought my own cable modem, thinking " How hard could this be to setup?". Well, it's been a real experience. After much trial and error troubleshooting, I can report the following. The cable modem works fine at the outside utility post and when connected to the cable jack in the bedroom. It will NOT work when plugged into the cable jack at the computer desk. I hooked up a small TV to this jack and got cable reception OK. Tried a lot of rerouting, changing cables, changing splitters, etc but still no go at the computer desk. Does anyone out there have any detailed info on the cable routing going to the entertainment slide or other ideas?
At this point, I'm probably just going to leave the cable modem in the bedroom and add a wireless router.

JimandSina

Not certain,but your most likely problem in the other room(s) there is a splitter between the outside connection and the room you are tapping into, a cable modems must be either a straight shot from the pole or go thru a specific type splitter that is cable sensitive on one output and modem sensitive on the other, if this is the case and I suspect it is you would need to locate the splitter that the factory put in your rig and replace it with one like I described above, hope this helps and feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions regarding this situation. BTW I would definitely consider wireless it opens up a lot of opportunities downstream, look for posts on this forum by EVDOalex he is a genius on that type of stuff.
Good luck and happy camping,
Jim