Back up camera

I am looking at an rv back up camera. The ones that I am interested in are from 'Tadibrothers' and the other is from 'Rear View safety '. Just wondering if anyone has had any involvement with either of these companies , and if so, which is better?
silverknight

SCPOSWRET

I am looking at an rv back up camera. The ones that I am interested in are from 'Tadibrothers' and the other is from 'Rear View safety '. Just wondering if anyone has had any involvement with either of these companies , and if so, which is better?
silverknight

I use the Furrion Rear Observation Camera, however, caution: there are two different models which sound/read very much alike. One is a back up camera only, and the other is both a back up camera AND a rear observation camera. They have two different model numbers. Since the price difference is not significant, I’m not sure why anyone would opt for the Back Up (only) model.

Luckily, my rig was prewired so the install was a whopping 10 min plug and play and it even came pre paired. One thing to note, if you get the pre-wired version, seems that most dealers wire it up so that you must drive with your TV lights on (nothing wrong with that anyway in my opinion) for the unit to work.

Mine has worked flawlessly so far.

Good Luck.

silverknight

i have Furrion Rear Observation Camera it works great now , however i might also add my pre wiring was cut at the factory and took me a while to get it to work.

LBR

We have the Furrion Observation setup on our long CY...the only thing I didn't care for was the picture would pixelate at times. I narrowed it down to a couple facets of travelling that I believe to be true... I'll probably get flack for my assumptions, but so far I have noticed...

1) On a completely flat roadway when the road is slightly elevated from both sides of the road...such like how train tracks are a bit elevated from surroundings. This makes sense as the receiver does rely on signal ricocheted from roadside "objects" along with the penetration thru a 44' trailer.

2) Humidity seems to play into it. On virtually the same freeway topography (explained above) from low-humidity NorCal, signal loss was much more common than when we crested into SoOregon and it was misting/sprinkling/ damp weather. This was in the same day of driving....same type of topography and no signal loss at all.

I installed better antennas on both camera and monitor (about 3 times the Db gain as Furrion's antennas) and it has not dropped the signal once since on last 2 trips...issue solved.

SCPOSWRET

We have the Furrion Observation setup on our long CY...the only thing I didn't care for was the picture would pixelate at times. I narrowed it down to a couple facets of travelling that I believe to be true... I'll probably get flack for my assumptions, but so far I have noticed...

1) On a completely flat roadway when the road is slightly elevated from both sides of the road...such like how train tracks are a bit elevated from surroundings. This makes sense as the receiver does rely on signal ricocheted from roadside "objects" along with the penetration thru a 44' trailer.

2) Humidity seems to play into it. On virtually the same freeway topography (explained above) from low-humidity NorCal, signal loss was much more common than when we crested into SoOregon and it was misting/sprinkling/ damp weather. This was in the same day of driving....same type of topography and no signal loss at all.

I installed better antennas on both camera and monitor (about 3 times the Db gain as Furrion's antennas) and it has not dropped the signal once since on last 2 trips...issue solved.

Appreciate the tip on the dB gain with the new antennas, can you fwd the info and source to purchase the antennas you installed? Are they simple screw-in type like the originals? Please advise, much thanks.
Dave
N4XRV

LBR

Appreciate the tip on the dB gain with the new antennas, can you fwd the info and source to purchase the antennas you installed? Are they simple screw-in type like the originals? Please advise, much thanks.
Dave
N4XRV

Simple screw in connector...

I've had the antennas for 3-4 years now...a couple of my house wireless security system cameras needed more "reach" and these antennas did the job. Can't remember the name of the mail-order Electronics firm I bought them from tho. You should be able to locate them easily, just make sure the screwin connector is the proper one.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that the furrion system was so popular. After reading the posts, I think I will be purchasing the furrion observation system. The price may be a bit more, I suppose in the long run it is worth it.

CoveredWagon

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that the furrion system was so popular. After reading the posts, I think I will be purchasing the furrion observation system. The price may be a bit more, I suppose in the long run it is worth it.

Order the one WITH the camera mount. It’s cheaper don’t ask me why.

RossRagan

Order the one WITH the camera mount. It’s cheaper don’t ask me why.

Just curious what site your were on where you found the Furrion continuous view observation system at a lower cost with the mounting bracket vs. without. I just purchased from eTrailer so it won't help me but it may help the OP.

Edit - Oops...looked on Amazon and saw that someone is selling with bracket for $338 while the lowest without bracket was $359.....oh well, I spent an extra $20 that I didn't need to. On the plus side, I've always had good response from eTrailer so I'll let it ride.