MaxAirII Install question

SCPOSWRET

Doing my preliminary research in order to install a MaxAirII Vent cover over the Bathroom vent and realized that the sealant installed around the OEM vent has covered completely (of course) all the edges and I have no idea how to identify if I’m buying the correct model or not regarding the correct style of clips / mounting hardware I will need to complete the install. If I can’t see it, do I remove the original sealant to ID what’s going on, and if so, are there some steps or some do’s or don’ts regarding how to remove the original sealant?

All tips / suggestions appreciated.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

The vent cover should include instructions and likely some clips. I know the Fantastic Vent Fan - Ultra Breeze cover does.

Take it all into the roof and set the cover over the vent. It should be more clear at that point, which screws to remove.

If you’re lucky - only 4 screws. If the installation does require the removal and reuse of some screws, be sure to take a tube of Dicor lap sealant up there with you to reseal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you’re installing MaxxAire vent covers over the OEM vent caps, you should not have to remove any screws. You will need to drill some new holes into the metal vent wall sides to attach the hardware to it.

SCPOSWRET

If you’re installing MaxxAire vent covers over the OEM vent caps, you should not have to remove any screws. You will need to drill some new holes into the metal vent wall sides to attach the hardware to it.

Got it. Thank you John and Jim for the clarification. Happy Camping.

Dave