ECP Paint Protector Coating

bigdob24

Bought a new 3560SS today , will post more and pics when we pick it up.
The dealer tried to sell me an ECP Paint Protector finish coating that’s got a 7 year warrantee against fading , tree sap, bird droppings, insects , chalking, UV , you know the whole line of things.
Dont have to wax , washing and bug removal is easy .
Anyone have a polamer coating applied and are you happy with the results?
I can get it at a decent price but haven’t heard anyone talk about them on a RV .
Thanks
Dan

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Most of the time, those sealers that a dealer sells are very high priced. You can wax it yourself or have it done professionally many times for the price of the sealant.

jimtoo

Also another thing you might check before buying this addon is most of the deals require you to return to dealer each year for inspection at a cost of $100--150 for just inspection. And then they find you need to have recaulking which is extra also.

Jim M

danemayer

One key thing to understand is the remedy if the treatment doesn't provide the promised protection. And if the policy says they'll pay to re-paint the rig, how is the determination made that it needs to be re-painted.

bigdob24

I kinda figured it was allmost too good to be true ;>)
As no one has used anything similar I’m going to let it go.
I do hate to wax but I’ll get over it.
Thanks
BD

mlpeloquin

Just a high profit item for the dealer. Doesn't matter if it is an RV dealer or car dealer. Don't fall for it.

avvidclif

Did you ever notice some of the older cars running around where that coating is peeling off??? Looks worse than faded paint.