Microwave/ Convection exhaust vent blows back into the coach

bigdob24

My Microwave/ Convection exhaust vent blows back into the coach on my new BC3560SS.
Ive got it on the repair list to fix before I bring it home.
Had anyone had this problem and can it be fixed?
BD

wdk450

Well, get it fixed right, but know that the original Apollo "Halftime" Microwave Convection ovens used in Heartland RV's were originally designed for TABLETOP use, not for use in an enclosed cabinet. The vendor who sold those microwaves to Heartland modified them with a squirrel cage air blower mounted to the top back of the unit, and wired into the microwave's cooking circuit. This blew hot, humid air out of the microwave cabinet enclosure through the trim bezel vents into the RV interior. There was no external vent.

When I bought a replacement Sharp Microwave oven, I added a similar squirrel cage air blower to the microwave and wired it into the cooking power circuitry. I had to modify the plastic microwave foot mounts that screw to the bottom of the cabinet, and fabricated a metal tie down device from hardware angle brackets, screws and nuts. I kept the old plastic bezel, though I had to repair it with black epoxy.

The add-on blower blows a very strong current of air out of the microwave enclosure, and I assume that a very strong current of air is coming in the other vent slots in the bezel.

Last edited:

SNOKING

Someone at the factory did not move the plate to allow it to vent outside verses into the trailer? Chris

mlpeloquin

Microwave ovens that are designed for cabinet or under cabinet mounting have a up or to the back venting. The fan has to be in the correct position, or moved or rotated prior to installation, and the metal blocking for the unused venting position has to be put in the correct position to fit the desired external venting. Looks like it may have been installed without checking and the assembler assumed that is was correct for the trailer as delivered.

bigdob24

Had some Warrantee work done at Black Diamond RV in Marion IL and they were able to fix the exhausted air leak and all is well.
They did several other punch list items and one more trip down will complete all the work that needs to be done, there great
BD