Front Landing

jnbhobe

landing gear

Yes you can if you you can get one from your dealer or heartland.All you have to do is block the front up, pull the motor bolts and the cross bolts on the shaft. Pull the shaft out of the way and take out the gear box. I shimmed mine when I put it back in, but you probably don't need to. I'm not sure but I think it breaks when the landing gear gets run all the way in or out to the stops.I don't think there is a clutch on the drive system. I hope this helps JON:):)

Chuck Richard

I agree with Jon but you do not need to block the front because the screws won't turn and the jacks are stable. I had the same problem and while waiting for a replacement I contacted Venture who makes the part. From them I learned that Heartland is not using their motor but a made in China copy. The people at Venture suspect the motor clucth is not set at the correct specs and is indeed causing the failure. Since then I re-read the Heartland manual and in one section it states run the gear all the way up but later in the book it says not to do this. What I did is run the gear down a bit and then marked the tubes. Now I make sure to never run the tubes all the way up and all is working well. I got a replacement from Venture and carry it with me now, the folks at Venture were very nice and worked with me even though the fail is probably not their fault. My dealer was also very good and Heartland shipped the repalcement to my home to get me going again.

dmille3

Thanks for your help and advice. I did run the landing all the way up. I'm on my way home and will replace it when I get there.

jnbhobe

Guys; one reason I block it up is to check to make sure the landing gear is fastened down tight. JON;);)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had my motor/gear box and the transition gearbox replaced. My Bighorn is under warranty. When I called Heartland they referred me to Dave @ Lippert.

Lippert (866) 524-7821
Dave Bice X-6068
davebi@lci1.com

You will need your Vin#, Date of Manufacture (DOM) and the Date of Delivery(DOD). You can get that from Jim Fenner @ Heartland 574-262-8030

The motor/gearbox and transition gearbox are easy to replace. The person that did the work told me that you did not have to block up the trailer to make the replacement. In fact if you remove the motor/gearbox and the transition gearbox you can use a crescent wrench to turn the horizontal bar to raise or lower the landing gear.

dmille3

for a temporary fix I used a 2 radiator clamps (sewer) and attached the motor to the post it works better than new but I will get a new one when I get home tomorrow thanks for all your help