Gap in extrerior wheel well trim

Just bought a new mallard 245 model. It has 1 slide that is for the kitchen table. On the outside, the wheel well trim splits from the slide to the body of camper, so when the slide is out,the trim is split about 90% on slide. When the slide goes back in there is a gap on that trim piece about 2” x1 1/4” and the slide can’t go in any more. I just want to make sure this is normal. I never noticed it at dealer cause the slide was out when we did our walk thru. I have a pic but can’t show it cause I’m new to forum. Any thoughts.

danemayer

Hi bigbuckkiller,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Apart from the fender, does the slide appear to be closing all the way or is there a gap all the way around when it's closed?

Hi bigbuckkiller,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Apart from the fender, does the slide appear to be closing all the way or is there a gap all the way around when it's closed?
Yes. Seal is squeezed out a little bit. And slide is in the same all the way around.

Sowie

On my CY 4200 it is the same. The bulk of the fender is mounted to the slide which the slide wall sticks out farther than the trailer wall. I thought about using a piece of starboard or something to put behind the piece of fender mounted to the trailer and when closed the two section would line up. ...but I haven’t yet. It’s on the list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk