nylon tires

irvin56

On my old prowler I have
Load Star(don't know who makes)15 inch ,Nylon tires, 8 ply
H78-15st load D-2370 lbs
I've had for around 12 yrs and many miles. I'm not full timing so I don't put on thousand of miles.
They are made for utility trailers only and are used for a lot of construction trailers. I will replace only if I use tt full time again or give to my kids. still have a good amount of tread left and
STILL NO WEATHER CRACKS ON THEM. ONLY RUST SPOTE FROM WEIGHTS I had them balanced when I installed them. and never had them covered and always had most of the weight on them.
Only had one tire come apart. Tread peeled off 1/3 of the tire like a recaped highway tractors tires do. But kept full pressure in it. I drove many miles on it before I got home and discovered what happened. I replaced with another 6 ply and they are all good still

I will definatly but Nylon tires again for my new North Trail 31QBS. when my DURO tires need to be replaced.

I found that with the nylon tires, they are hard and stay where you have them on the road and will not fall into or follow grooves in road from big rigs that rut our highways.

I see by alot of reply in forum that some of you have had problems with a lot of different types of tires and makes, and my new Duro's have weather cracks already and a few noticable blemishs

But I never heard about Nylon tires from anyone and so I posted this and my experience with them.
The only reason I would replace is the age ONLY. I have alway been on top of pressures and my trailer was only 5600 lbs fully loaded and total weight for 4 tires was 9480 lbs so only ever carried around 60 percent on rating on them