Unscrewing the Free Standing Dinette

gsbainter

Hey Everyone,

We have the free standing dinette with our Sundance 2800RLS. My wife wants me to un anchor it from the floor so it can be moved (Her justification is that if we have several people in our rig playing cards or something, it will be easier to get more people around it if we can move it). My question is how difficult is it to un anchor? Is it just a matter of popping up the wood caps and unscrewing it? Or is it bolted? There is nothing under the slide to show bolts or nuts, so my guess is that it is just screwed into the slide floor. Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks,

jnbhobe

GSBAINTER; All you have to do is pop the plugs and unscrew the screws (square headed screws) The table will now be free. I just did mine this weekend so we could reverse the couch and table.this is the second unit I've done it to. We don't even fasten it back down table and chairs ride good. Have FUN JON:D:D

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
First thing we did when we got ours. Many, many miles and so far not one problem with it being unfastened. Doesn't move at all.

Luckyhat12

One of the first things I did to my rig as well. Mostly because it shipped from the dealer with it turned around backward so I couldn't extend it.

Mine rides free now as well and I don't have any issues.

Chris

jnbhobe

There are wooden plugs in the legs of the table that cover the screws that hold the table down. Jon

GETnBYE

Hi,
We have a BC, not a Sundance, but I assume the tables are the same. We took ours out to put a few extra layers of polyurethane on it and it was too easy. Just like you said, pop the wood covers off and take out skrews and it is free from the floor. We just moved ours over a few inches and out from the window 1 inch so the blinds would close, also put a few washers down before we put the skrews back in to raise the table a bit because it hit my husbands legs.
Hope that helps, good luck.
Nita

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
A good time to tighten up the nuts that hold the legs to the pedestal and the board on top of the pedestal. That board has for allen head screws holding it to the top of the pedestal. You'll have to unscrew the table top from that board in order to access them. Just a little preventative maintenance.