Edge - Adding an Outside Porch Light

I want to add an extra outside (porch) light to my Edge.
Heartland says it has a Perimeter Framed Laminated Wall - no studs, just foam filled.

How can I run a wire from the current porch light at the back to the new one at the front, about 10'?

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: ATF: Edge - Adding an Outside Porch Light

Non-metallic conduit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added a solar powered motion detector lite with velcro tape. No holes no wires. We remove when traveling. Purchased for about $6.00 online 43 led. plenty bright Its mounted by grab rail by door

I added a solar powered motion detector lite with velcro tape. No holes no wires. We remove when traveling. Purchased for about $6.00 online 43 led. plenty bright Its mounted by grab rail by door

Thanks guys.

I changed the original porch light to a motion detector LED and it's quite fantastic (Smart Light 1000 from starlightsinc.com)
One thing I love is the small blue blinking LED that's on all the time. It looks like I have some kind of security system or camera installed at night.
This one allows you to have the light OFF, or ON, or on MOTION.
It also allows you to connect another light or 2 that will act in sequence to the first one. That's what I'd like to do.

I'm thinking that I can get a telephone or security system installer to drill a hole horizontally from the existing porch light hole to the new hole and drag a wire through.
These guys have those long flexible drills used to install wires in an existing house wall.

Speaking of security, I have just started to place a Nite Guard <www.niteguard.com> on the door before going to bed or if we're away.
It's automatic and the bright, blinking red light sure looks intimidating. It's supposed to scare off predators on the farm but I'll bet it scares off 2-legged predators too.