Water pooling at bottom of Frigidaire fridge

I have the Frigidaire residential fridge in my rig. I took it to dealer last fall for winterization. Because of improper winterization, I have been repairing leaks this season. My last leak for repair (hopefully) is the water line inside fridge at the bottom of fridge. If I use water dispenser or ice maker, water will leak out of the water line. The water line coming in is wrapped around a fixture, double wrapped, to allow the water to cool before in door water dispenser. Dealer didn't do anything to fridge to winterize it. It looks like they ran pink stuff up to outside valve and didn't blow out fridge. Lines inside froze and and fridge filter was cracked in half because it wasn't removed. Dealer denies any negligence of course and says they don't repair appliances, I need to call an appliance repair technician they said. i called several appliance repair companies and they won't work on Frigidaire Gallery fridge because it's in an RV.

Hence, I'm trying to repair it myself. Could I just unwrap all the tubing to find leak. Cut out bad part and splice back together with a connector? Does anyone know what size tubing is? I thought it was 1/4 but it's bigger than that. Maybe 5/16?

Since I can't get a dealership or appliance repair person for assistance, any suggestions out there would be appreciated. One solution would be to just not use the water dispenser or ice maker, but since I have them, I'd like to be able to use them. This fall I'll be doing the winterizing myself.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if this applies to your Frigidaire, but a bunch of years ago we had a problem with our Jenn-air. The problem involved the coil of tubing that cools the water, sounds similar to yours.
That coil of tubing came as a kit and the entire thing was replaced.
If you are thinking about just cutting out the bad part you may find that the entire coil will have leaks.
Contact Frigidaire to see if you can get an expanded view drawing to find the parts you need and then get the parts from them.
Just a thought.

Peace
Dave

jerryjay11

I am a retired home appliance tech and yes if you find the leak in the hose then use a 1/4" compression coupling/union such as [h=1]1/4" Polybutylene Terephthalate Straight Union[/h]
36W966_AS01
You cut the tubing clean and just press into this fitting from each end. You can find then at most hardware stores