09 3110DS sliding closet door latch

Cutlers

The mirrored closet door latches in the master bedroom are pretty funky. Wife broke the left hand latch. Where can I get a replacement? Also is there another type of latch available?

Big G

Big G
Closet Latch

I have the same model, we found ours to be an easy latch to work than earlier model had used. I'd call the factory parts department and talk to them.
Good luck, Big G

jbeletti

Hi Cutlers,

If you have the brown latches - they are the new style.

I have found that there is a small learning curve with the new style latches. My wife pulled the outer handle right off when I put mine on. Also, at RV shows, I find them on the floor all the time.

The problem is just training on using them. Most people want to pull the large outer latch towards them thinking it will fully swing around. It does not. Instead, you will pull the outer handle right off. It is easily put back in place.

The way the new brown latches work - and this will be hard to describe in writing and likely harder to understand...

For the right-hand door:

1. Place your right thumb under (behind) the latch handle
2. Place your 4 fingers around the edge of the mirrored closet door frame
3. Pull the latch gently with your thumb at the same time, with your fingers, slide the closet door open.

I hope this makes sense. If you do not have the new style latch, but rather, have the clear plastic extrusion style latch, sorry to have wasted your time with all this - but it may help others.

Jim

Cutlers

Thanks all....I haven't taken a close look at the latch yet. All I know is she handed me 2 pieces and said she broke it. I'm going to go look at it closer.......Thanks again all

Cutlers

I looked at it and it is broken. I live in a rural area and the link provided showed them ok. Was going to order one and then found out the freight was $2.00 more than the latch. Guess I'll wait til I can find one at a RV dealer next time I get to Vegas. Once again, thanks for the help.