Removing microwave

Oldelevatorman

Hi folks. My built in microwave died and HL sent a replacement. I'm trying to remove it. I have the top bolts out but it doesn't come out. It seems like its fastened to the back wall. Is that the case, am I missing something or maybe not pulling hard enough? I can't find any info in the manuals. Is it fastened to the outside vent somehow? Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerryjay11

Hi folks. My built in microwave died and HL sent a replacement. I'm trying to remove it. I have the top bolts out but it doesn't come out. It seems like its fastened to the back wall. Is that the case, am I missing something or maybe not pulling hard enough? I can't find any info in the manuals. Is it fastened to the outside vent somehow? Thanks for any help!

I have found many RV MW's use 2 very long screws that are installed through the unit on an angle from the cabinet front. You have to remove the front trim and find the screws towards the outer edges. The screws are something like 12 to 14" long.

Oldelevatorman

I got it. It sits on a bracket mounted to the wall on the bottom. Tip the top out and lift up on the bottom and it comes right out. Piece of cake. If they could just line up the centre of the cutout in the wall with the centre of the microwave it'd be perfect!