Mallard - Tree on roof, fixing trusses

Hello,
I have a 2017 mallard m29. A tree had fallen across the roof of it damaging some of the aluminum trusses and poking a couple holes through. I plan to replace the roof membrane. I was wondering if the aluminum trusses are available to buy or if I would be better off making them out of plywood? I think there is 1 or two that need replacing. The one for sure does as it has a crease in it and says down. Right in the middle by the vent.

Is going at this from the top the easiest way to replace one of these? I know it's not going to be a quick easy job either way I go about it.

Thanks for any help!

Justin

danemayer

Re: ATF: Mallard - Tree on roof, fixing trusses

Hello,
I have a 2017 mallard m29. A tree had fallen across the roof of it damaging some of the aluminum trusses and poking a couple holes through. I plan to replace the roof membrane. I was wondering if the aluminum trusses are available to buy or if I would be better off making them out of plywood? I think there is 1 or two that need replacing. The one for sure does as it has a crease in it and says down. Right in the middle by the vent.

Is going at this from the top the easiest way to replace one of these? I know it's not going to be a quick easy job either way I go about it.

Thanks for any help!

Justin
Hi Justin,

You'll do better to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can advise as to the type of roof construction on your trailer, which would provide insight into how to repair the roof.

They can also advise on whether roof components are available from Heartland Parts or should be procured locally.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

They might be able to recommend a repair facility qualified to do the work. Make sure your insurance company is involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They might be able to recommend a repair facility qualified to do the work. Make sure your insurance company is involved.

Hopefully I am qualified to do the work :) I bought this camper damaged like this. It's a project. I am stripping the roof right now to replace or repair anything needed.

So far it's coming along decent. A little more than I had anticipated but we will get it done.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Hopefully I am qualified to do the work :) I bought this camper damaged like this. It's a project. I am stripping the roof right now to replace or repair anything needed.

So far it's coming along decent. A little more than I had anticipated but we will get it done.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good to be handy.