3800 RLB bunk air conditioning

Heavyj

Hi I’m new to the forum and to the fifth wheel family, but I’m curious if anyone else has a problem cooling there bunk rooms? My will not cool down even with both ac units running, any ideas or help would be great.
thanks

Bones

Hi I’m new to the forum and to the fifth wheel family, but I’m curious if anyone else has a problem cooling there bunk rooms? My will not cool down even with both ac units running, any ideas or help would be great.
thanks

There are several things you will need to check on and potentially do. First open your AC dump dampers and make sure your AC is actually cooling. If the answer is yes then you can move to the next step in removing the AC interior shroud. Make sure the seperator plate that seperates intake and exhaust is in place and sealed. Then seal up your exhaust area so the air is not dumping into the space between the ceiling and roof. After that is done remove your ceiling vents and seal the space from the duct to the ceiling. All this should hopefully help you out a bit.

It is hard to tell but I used the window ac unit foam to stuff in my front AC ducts as there was no end cap at the front of my coach and the AC couldn't build pressure and was dumping into the front nose cap or somewhere up there.
0811161958a.jpg0811161954.jpg

This is inside the AC behind the Shroud. I couldn't find a completed picture but this was my AC cold air exit. I removed everything used duct tape and foil tape to seal everything up

0810161954a.jpg0810161954.jpg

These are the before pictures of some of my AC ducts. There was no seal and was dumping Cold air in-between the void space.
0810162018a.jpg0810161954d.jpg0810161954c.jpg

A picture of a somewhat completed project. It takes some time but well worth it.

0810162034.jpg0811161959.jpg