Dining Table Light

lbhayden

We have a '09 BC 3250TS that we have pulled over 5,000 miles and are very happy with. Sorry to be picky but we are disappointed with the amount of light emitted from the light over the dining table. The 2-12 watt bulbs inside the alabaster globe are inadequate. I thought of replacing the bulbs with 18 watt. Would that be safe or do you have a better solution?

I would like to make a suggestion that you not put the 50 amp outlet directly over where the rear jack handle must go. The bulk of that heavy cord is a real nuisance while cranking.

tcbrady

The socket should have bulb type listed on it and exceeding that can not be recommended.

Thank you for your recommendation on the 50 amp hook up - we'll look into this.

Regards,

BillPatti

We too have a dim alabaster light fixture over our table. I looked and there are two small "951" size bulbs. They are very dim. How can I get more light over the table?

happykraut

I had the same problem on my rig. I replaced one of the two 921 bulbs with a LED bulb and it made a BIG difference. Bright and white. Purchased at the Phoenix rally for $20. Down the road at a Yuma flea market, I purchased a second one for $14. The lady warned me that it might be a different color. Unfortunately it turned out to be more yellow, but still brighter. Buy them in pairs.

Bob Vaughn

I put two additional sockets for 921 bulbs into mine pluse painted the base under them with silver paint......When I took the thing apart I had 3 wires instead of two...Now that I got it back together something is wrong. I get sparks when I go to hook the wires from the ceiling. When I took the light off the ceiling there was a rats nest of wires. If anyone knows the correct way to wire this back up I would appreciate it.

Bob Vaughn

All the wires were white except the switch which is black, I got it figured out and I am happy with the results....

All the wires were white except the switch which is black, I got it figured out and I am happy with the results....
I have the same problem with my 3285 and I appreciate the information. I will try a couple of the ideas.

Jim Bonhote
09 3285 Big Country
2006 F350 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab Lariat

Bob Vaughn

We got to utilize the dinette light on this trip that we are on and I no longer feel like I am eating in the dark.........