Charging The Battery In TV

MROPE

Hi All , I'm New To The Heartland Family (2009 sundance 2998rb) And I Have A ? . I Like To Hook-up The 5ver To The TV The Night Before We Leave And Still Be Hooked To Shore Power . My ? Is Will The Charger In The 5ver Charging The Trailer Battery Charge The Extra Battery In The TV ? Thanks In Advance . Marvin

jbeletti

MROPE,

My "guess" is yes, if on your TV, pin 3 is wired to your TV battery (see image below).

You can test this using a volt meter or test light by:
1. At the receptacle end at the bumper or truck bed, pin 3 to ground (pin 6), that there is 12 volts DC present and
2. Disconnect the truck battery (both red and black cables), plug the RV into the truck, plug the RV into shore power, test disconnected truck battery "cables" for presence of 12 volts DC. If it is there, then you are getting a charge from the RV converter's charging circuit.

That said, I have no experience in this and therefore no nothing of the effectiveness.

7pintrailer.jpg

Jim

Forrest Fetherolf

Turn on TV ignition switch and read volt gauge, if more than 12.6 volts, they are charging........or................use a volt meter at both TV batteries................if voltage is more than 12.6 volts across + and - terminals with engine off...........then RV converter is charging the TV batteries...........could show as much as 14.4 volts when charging.

Forrest

MROPE

Hi All , Sorry I Have Not Been On The Forum , Just Got Back From A 3 Day Camping Trip . Jim & Forrest , Thank You For The Quick Response . I Checked Everything & Did What Forrest Said . The Battery In The TV Is Being Charged By The Converter . Thank You For Your Help . Marvin