Landmark - Rear Cap removal

sb6351

I have sustained some damage to the rear cap of my 2005 Heartland Landmark fifth wheel RV. I may need to remove the rear cap to repair the damage as it appears the estimate may exceed the value. What is entailed in the possible removal of the rear cap? Or can it be repaired in place with the fiberglass repair kit?

Last edited by a moderator:

rhodies1

Deprnding on the extent and location of the damage,this will determine if it can be repaired on the unit.The cap can be reomoved by taking the plastic strip off the completely surrounds the cap and then removing the metal strip..This strip is screwed on at about 4 inch intervals.There also maybe some additional screws in place holding the cap onto the rear of the unit.You will need a few people to help hold the cap as the screws are removed...Also ladder ,if eguipped will need to be removed first.Not a small job and the cap is large and bulky and heavy.........
Much easier to fix in place if possible.Most marine dealers or good fibreglass repair shops can advise if and how to proceed with the repair.

carl.swoyer

I have sustained some damage to the rear cap of my 2005 Heartland Landmark fifth wheel RV. I may need to remove the rear cap to repair the damage as it appears the estimate may exceed the value. What is entailed in the possible removal of the rear cap? Or can it be repaired in place with the fiberglass repair kit?
Pictures of the damages would be great.
When my 2012 Landmark was at the factory they removed the ladder, window and window treatments and cabinets.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk