Mice help

future3490owner

Any tips on riding nice from my 2012 Greystone 33CK? I went through and sealed up all the visible access holes as far as I could see. I put peppermint oil on cotton pads all over. I set out glue traps, the popped on one but didn't stick. I'm going to set out additional traps tonight. Thinking I might have to perform some witchcraft by surrounding my camper with moth balls and mint plants.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

You need to check areas where plumbing enter the coach, like under the sink cabinet and bath cabinet at the floor not just the cabinet bottom.
Cold air return is another possible entry point. Screen can be your friend there.
If you have a laundry area or front closet check around every corner as sometimes that is an area where vent pipes may have been run.
Black spray foam used for ponds is available at big box building centers.

Peace
Dave

We had mice last month also. Son set up traps and used dryer sheetsin all spots. Under shower he removed the acess hole and set trap got 3 under there. Dryer sheets every where he could get to. So far none have returned and trailer smells nice.

wdk450

The 2 times I had mice in the trailer were only finally cured by steel wool stuffed in all of the possible entrance sites (including the lower ends sides of the kitchen slides near the bottom - I saw them coming in there. I already put a full length, round the corners, square foam piece stuffed into the crack between the floor and the slide base when I stop for heating/cooling issues); and fatal snap traps.

See the "Similar Threads" listed below, also.

Gary521

I use the ultrasonic repellers. I know that there is no proof that these things work. However, since I started to use them I have had no mice issues. I have seen mice in my garage and started to use them there too and, here again, no more mice. Coincidence -maybe or maybe they work.

CoveredWagon

I use the ultrasonic repellers. I know that there is no proof that these things work. However, since I started to use them I have had no mice issues. I have seen mice in my garage and started to use them there too and, here again, no more mice. Coincidence -maybe or maybe they work.

How many did you use? Is that one of those you plug into an electric outlet?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

We seem to have success with them as well. Bought ours at Tractor Supply, mouse repeller and nightlight. I have two in plugs on the island in the kitchen (because I think they were coming up the plumbing in the island to get to the cat food beside the island) and one in the basement.

I never saw a live mouse in the rig, but would find evidence they had been taking cat food. (Our cats sleep with us, so I guess when the cat's away, the mice would play!)

Since plugging in these, we haven't seen evidence of mice in over a year!

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...MI9Yz04L2Y3AIVDTZpCh2VUwOPEAYYBCABEgJ71fD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave10a

Our cat does a good job with the mice when we are snow birding. When in storage, I use moth balls in several location through the trailers. Have not seen the presence of mice for years.

Gary521

How many did you use? Is that one of those you plug into an electric outlet?

I use one in the living room, one in the bedroom and one in the basement storage area. I got them at Home Depot. Yes, they plug into the electric outlet. When I mentioned my garage in my first post, I was talking about the garage in my house. ( just for clarification )

CoveredWagon

We seem to have success with them as well. Bought ours at Tractor Supply, mouse repeller and nightlight. I have two in plugs on the island in the kitchen (because I think they were coming up the plumbing in the island to get to the cat food beside the island) and one in the basement.

I never saw a live mouse in the rig, but would find evidence they had been taking cat food. (Our cats sleep with us, so I guess when the cat's away, the mice would play!)

Since plugging in these, we haven't seen evidence of mice in over a year!

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...MI9Yz04L2Y3AIVDTZpCh2VUwOPEAYYBCABEgJ71fD_BwE

I just looked at these at WalMart. It states on the package not to block them as they can’t work through walls or furniture. I have one that supposedly sends something down the electric wiring in your house, Rv or whatever. We did have at least one mouse in our sticks and bricks walls last year, so I bought one. In a matter of days it was gone or at least quit bothering me. It’s now plugged into the basement of the Rv. No mice, although I did spray the undercarriage with Mouse Proof last summer.

danemayer

I have 6 electronic plug-in devices. 1 in the living room. 1 in the kitchen. 2 in the bedroom. 1 in the basement. 1 behind the basement wall.

I haven't seen any mice. Or any elephants.;)

CoveredWagon

I have 6 electronic plug-in devices. 1 in the living room. 1 in the kitchen. 2 in the bedroom. 1 in the basement. 1 behind the basement wall.

I haven't seen any mice. Or any elephants.;)

Well I guess if you put that many out you’d be able to keep away almost all African animals. On the other hand keeping lions and tigers away might defeat the purpose in keeping mice out. 😂

shurack24

This might not work if your trailer is "actively" being used; but for longer term storage, we have done the following with great success.
We bought a roll of 15" wide aluminum flashing.
Cut a length to go around your tires, standing up on edge.
A clamp of some sort or a couple of small bolts with wing-nuts to hold the overlapping edges together.
This quite effectively blocks the critters from climbing up the tires and gaining access to the frame; and thus any openings. If you block access to the frame, there is zero chance of them getting inside, as they must first find a path from the ground up; your tires are the only path up (unless you have your power cord plugged in, I guess). And assuming there is no access point going up your front landing legs.
This has worked quite successfully for us for several years.

carl.swoyer

We had mice last month also. Son set up traps and used dryer sheetsin all spots. Under shower he removed the acess hole and set trap got 3 under there. Dryer sheets every where he could get to. So far none have returned and trailer smells nice.
You say you had mice last month?
How did you cook them?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had them in the ceiling a few weeks ago, I used this

https://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Cab-Bo...ocphy=9008108&hvtargid=pla-348033173900&psc=1

I put a package up inside each light fixture in the ceiling. I guess the smell drove them to the basement where I got 2 with traps.

I did use the sticky pads, but they just pulled away from them.

We've used Fresh Cab as well, and I think it works, but it starts to loose effectiveness over time. (Like after 30 days.)