Airbags for truck rear suspension

carl.swoyer

Just curious what everyone is using for air suspension on there truck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

pjones1969

Re: Airbags

AirLift here also, have the wireless compressor and really like them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kbvols

What are some of the reasons you selected air lift vs others? I am planning on adding air bags also but have done minimal research at this point.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Airbags

Firestone here. Based on reviews. No drill mounting. Easy install. Manually air them up.
Had them for 5 yrs now. No issues. Wouldn’t be without them as they certainly improve the ride when towing.
One of those personal preference discussions like Ford vs GM vs Ram.

esscobra

airlift wireless compressor setup with firestone bags- had airlift set up on previous truck- left bags on it when traded in - too compressor though- my truck accessory guys both said been having more problems with airlift bags and fittings- they said firestone never issues- had them on 2003 and never any issues in 12 years

pjones1969

What are some of the reasons you selected air lift vs others? I am planning on adding air bags also but have done minimal research at this point.

Good reviews, wireless compressor was the same brand and there was a $150 rebate at the time

pjones1969

Is the air bag system with compressor worth it? I am hauling a 37ft elkridge with a ram 2500 and contemplating using the air bags.

YES, I contemplated not getting the compressor, I have an onboard air system also so I have a air chuck plumbed in my bed by the tailgate but it’s so nice to just hit the remote memory functions 1 and 2 when you hookup and then again when you unhook instead of dragging out an air hose, and you can adjust on the fly, not that you need to once you get it set to your preferences

Gary521

I have Airlift bags with the wireless controller. It appears to me that both Airlift and Firestone are easy to mount. I chose Airlift because of the mounting versatility. I also have a Reese GM frame brackets for the hitch. Airlift is designed to mount with or without the GM frame brackets, not sure the Firestone will.

Power247

I installed Air-lift on my truck last year and love them. I want to add an on board compressor at some point, maybe next year.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Kbvols

I went with the Firestone. Plan to install them next weekend. Hopefully all goes well. Thank you all for the replies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

avvidclif

I went with the Firestone without the compressor. I bought a bicycle pump at WM that had a gauge. 10-12 pumps will get it up to 40 lbs. For less than $15.

Kathi-27

just replaced the timbren with air lift, empty rides like factory with 10 psi. haven't towed yet. install was really easy. about 2 hrs max

CoveredWagon

Thanks for everyone's choices. I think I will have to get the airlift 5000.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I would suggest the ones wupith the internal jounce bumper. I found my bags were empty once and collapsed down to the snubber. Saved the bags from getting cut.

Lynn1130

Airlift 5000 and remote but at the bottom of this page is a whole list of previous threads with much the same responses.

WillyBill

I run a GMC (see Sig) and don't need Bags. FWIW - my Cyclone loaded up is approaching 20K.

WB

Airbags

I went with the Firestone with the onboard compressor. Definitely worth the money! One may not think these are a benefit, I venture to say this is a myth that they’re not needed.