3110DS battery disconnect

Cutlers

Is there a battery disconnect for the batteries on this model? I've looked and cannot find one. Should I install one (We are parked and winterized for 4 months a year)?

djkelsoe

To my knowledge, the 3110DS does not have a battery disconnect. I added a boat disconnect from West Marine and it took about 30 mintues to install. I hooked it up from the negative side. Hope this helps.

Cutlers

Thanks for the info. After finding out the 3110DS didn't have a battery disconnect, I decided to install one. Since I'm a NAPA parts store owner and decided to go with NAPA part#785121. It mounts inline in the postitive cable and is rated for 100 amps. It is key operated and comes with 2 keys so I plan to put one key with each key set for the unit. I looked at places to mount it and the logical place is in the battery compartment. I have two batteries so the disconnect that hooks to the battery stud wouldn't work for me. I will post more after I get the install done. Thanks again!

Battery Disconnect

I would like to add my two cents here as I'm right now in the process of installing a SECOND battery disconnect switch in my SOB. I recently experienced a theft and vandalism where the 32" LCD HDTV and the Home Theater DVD System were taken and two leather chairs slashed (can't figure that one out). In my model, the culprits could not have entered the Living/Dining/Kitchen area to access my entertainment electronics without first extending the slides (which they apparently did quite expertly). I'm mounting my second disconnect switch ($3.99 at Harbor Freight) in the generator area, thus thwarting their use of slides without knowing of the second switch location. The alternative is to remove the battery and I'm not keen on doing that each time I leave it in storage. This might not guarantee no more electronic thefts but it should cause the jerks some serious delay and that could result in their going somewhere else next time where the pickings would be easier for a smash and grab operation.
Guy Griffin (osubeaver76)

SmokeyBare

One more deterrent might be to install a shut off switch... hidden of course in the line going to power slide motor.

But sadly in your case... with the damage to the two leather chairs... they may have then trashed the RV... who knows what goes through their minds.

I'm sure you now feel "Invaded"... I am sorry for your loss.

Marv

Had this in my old race car

I know everyone will not on of these laying around but I did.
100_2245.jpg

We used this http://autoaccessconnect.stores.yahoo.net/12vowaprmasw.html on the Craftsman Truck series a few years back. They work great and dont cost much

Last edited:

Cutlers

Gary, that link is for the same disconnect ( Napa # 785121) that I mentioned in my post. I installed it in the postive cable leading into the coach and made a bracket to mount it to the battery box frame. It works great so far and cuts power to everything including the generator. The key stays in while the power is on and you remove it to switch the power off. Thanks for the info and suggestions.

I used the Negative

In my past experience I have found that it is best to cut the power on the negative side of the Battery. Your switch will work on both positive and negative. But what would happen on the race cars is we would short out before the switch and things get real hot when 12 volts go to ground. But when you cut the neg out of the loop there is nothing to allow the short to occur. Works both ways. Just my personal experience.