Antifreze suction line location in CY 3210?

Theganch

Does anyone know where the suction line to the pump for antifreze is on the 3010....cant seem to find it.
thanks
CC

rideblue

Don't know for sure on the 3010, but on my 3795 it is located behind the aft wall of the basement where the pump is. Has to be connected to the pump so it should be wherever your pump.

winterize bypass on 3010

:confused: On my 08 3010 they put mine under the bed. In order to get to to it you have to take off the mattress and lift the top hinged part of the base. Look inside towards the storage area at the foot. :mad:I swore a lot, threw a fit and moved the line over to the cubby area by the bathroom so I won't have to fight that bed again. I also moved the pump I just replaced to the storage area so I have access to it. By the way if you find the duct that is heating the belly let me know. Thanks

truknutt

Committed Member
Does anyone know where the suction line to the pump for antifreze is on the 3010....cant seem to find it.
thanks
CC

Just to clear things up...do you have a 3010 TT or a 3210 5er?

On our 3210 the pump resides behind the back wall in the cargo bay. Have to wrestle the panel around the shower's P-trap. The supplied hose on ours was less than 12" long so we had to correct that. Set the anti-freeze bottle down in what used to be referred to as the "DIAMOND PLATE COVERED TOOL BOX" and pump away.

I am thinking of drilling a hole for the hose to pass through so the panel doesn't need to be removed each time. I figure a rubber grommet for the hose to pass through and a plug or cap on the end of the hose should keep debris from entering the hose and the pump.

I can't decide whether to drill into the UDC compartment or into the cargo bay. Leaning towards the UDC.

jbeletti

TN,

UDC is where they come out in other models. Not sure why it is hidden in these. Maybe space constrained in the smaller UDC??

Please share pics of your final mods on this.

Jim

truknutt

Committed Member
Jim,

Can't say for sure regarding the room constraints. The UDC in the attached photo (from the HL Cyclone Gallery) is identical to mine.

Is the inlet at the bottom - left, the Black tank flush inlet? I was thinking of drilling my access hole just below this inlet but above the cargo bay's floor level (silver edging strip - left side of UDC photo).

Now that you say they are already mounted in some of the the other units, I'll have to find one and scope it out. Better yet, I'm taking the old girl in for warranty and service work this weekend. I'll "ask" the techs if it is possible since they have to repair my still leaking shower drain and may end up pulling that cargo bay panel anyway.....

Attachments

• 09_CY_5thW_ext_docking_center.jpg
    09_CY_5thW_ext_docking_center.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 55

jbeletti

TN,

Yeah - lots of room on yours. I would not hesitate to do the mod of pulling the suction hose through a grommeted hole into the UDC. Keep 3 feet of hose pushed back behind the UDC. Heartland uses a male threaded connector (smaller than garden hose threads) on the end of the suction hose on those that are pulled through the UDC wall. Not sure why. Maybe just a cleaner look than a flush cut hose end. We also have a clip on the side of the UDC that the hose clips into. Perhaps the connector on the end of the hose serves the purpose of not allowing the hose to suck all the way back into the underneath of the coach.

Take a look at a Landmark at your dealer if they carry them and if not, perhaps the Bighorn has this suction line inside the UDC - don't remember.

Jim

antifreeze bypass modification

here are some pics on 3010. The 2 shutoff valves are to shutoff water to the outside shower after blowing air through. I thought it would be a good idea when using in winter. The water pump is now at the foot end of bed under the milk crate.

Attachments

• CIMG0210.jpg
    CIMG0210.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 42
  • CIMG0212.jpg
    CIMG0212.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 40
  • CIMG0211.jpg
    CIMG0211.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 37

Theganch

Awesome....thanks guys. Unfortunately the unit is yet again at the dealer getting some stuff fixed. As soon as i get it back its time for winterization so i will try and find it where you said Cabin....thanks again. Trucknutt, its the 3010. with the weight on the 3010 maybe I should have when't with the 3210.