New Fuel 250 - Generator question

Hi:

I just got a Fuel 250 and it made it's maiden voyage carrying two road bikes.
I've already made a lot of mods and have some planned. It was awesome on
the trip.

Two questions I have (so far) that I can't find answers to are:

1. I can't find any sort of manual generator/shore power switch so I'm assuming
the generator or trailer has an automatic switch to switch between shore and
generator power, is this correct?

2. I found weight ratings on the happyjack bed jacks, but not on the bed itself,
what is the drop down queen bed rated for weight?

Thanks,

John O

danemayer

Hi ironpumper,

When Heartland ships a trailer with generator installed at the factory, there is also an automatic transfer switch. If an aftermarket install by the dealer, you'd do well to check.

Where would it be? I didn't see anything looking like a switch in the generator bay, would it
be near the converter where AC comes in?

I don't plan on ever starting the generator with it plugged in but I'd want to check. ;)

Dealer thought it was automatic. And the generator came from the factory so it should be I guess.

LBR

Where would it be? I didn't see anything looking like a switch in the generator bay, would it
be near the converter where AC comes in?

I don't plan on ever starting the generator with it plugged in but I'd want to check. ;)

Dealer thought it was automatic. And the generator came from the factory so it should be I guess.
No doubt it is going to be the very first box inline with your shore power plugin....before the convertor. Automatically switches between shore or generator, so you can run generator when plugged into shore power. The generator will take priority over shore.

danemayer

The transfer switch should be completely separate from the Power Converter, not in line. But it's often located next to the Power Converter. On many rigs, it's behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage.

porthole

Retired
Hi:

I just got a Fuel 250 and it made it's maiden voyage carrying two road bikes.
I've already made a lot of mods and have some planned. It was awesome on
the trip.

Two questions I have (so far) that I can't find answers to are:

1. I can't find any sort of manual generator/shore power switch so I'm assuming
the generator or trailer has an automatic switch to switch between shore and
generator power, is this correct?

2. I found weight ratings on the happyjack bed jacks, but not on the bed itself,
what is the drop down queen bed rated for weight?

Thanks,

John O

If you are looking for a "switch" it is not a big switch you toggle.

it is a metal box with relays inside that automatically switch between the shore power and generator, with the generator having priority.
That means that if you are on shore power and start the generator, it will automatically switch to the generator after the warmup period.
And when you shut down the gen, if still connected to shore power it will automatically switch back to shore power.

We have a 305 with the factory onan, once you start it about 30sec later the power transfers & you'll see the microwave lit up.