24BHS bunk railing system

ggant

Have a 2015 24BHS that I need to figure out a railing system for the bunk beds. I have small children one being a fearless boy that will fall out of the bunk. Has anyone made or found a railing system that will work?

Thanks for the help.

jimtoo

Hi ggant,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

Power247

Have a 2015 24BHS that I need to figure out a railing system for the bunk beds. I have small children one being a fearless boy that will fall out of the bunk. Has anyone made or found a railing system that will work?

Thanks for the help.
Had to solve this same problem in our previous TT. I'm sure some mfg makes these but I used 3/4" PVC to make mine. It was a ladder like structure that had arms that came off at 90* on one side that I could slide under the mattress once my daughter was up in her bed. Worked like a champ.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Thanks for the help.

I used a bed rail that was available at Walmart.

Similar style to this one:
0361e8fe-c25c-44dd-855e-16a2e8c710f4_1.7fef46ee761aeaac7fb97b8ae279ff5b.jpeg

I then attached the anchor plate as far to the opposite side of the bed and then used addition nylon webbing screwed down across the (about 3" from the ends of rail legs and the bed to fully secure and keep from tipping out. However, It is still quick and easy to remove, if necessary, by lifting the outside rail up over the bunk frame and sliding out from under the added webbing and disconnecting the anchor plate clip. The way it is anchored it cannot come out on its own.

The additional webbing was ran the entire length of the bunk and screwed down to the solid wood cross pieces hiding inside the bunk. If you have 1/2" OSB then you can use screws about every 6 -12 inches for the length of the bunk.