Air Flow from A/C in 31QBS

I'm a new owner of a Northtrail 31QBS - love it BTW - and I don't know if this is normal or something for the dealer to correct. When the A/C is directed to flow through the ceiling vents, we have very strong output from the vents on right (door) side of the camper, but weak output from the outlets on the left side. This chills the bunk house just great, but the front bedroom doesn't seem to get much air flow nor does the vent in front of the sink.

jnbhobe

Air Flow

Do a search for (tent in the vent) on the forum I think it was posted by Timk. There is a lot on that subject. This one really works good. JON;)

Air Flow

Thanks Jon, I'll definitely try out that mod.

Seems a shame the factory hasn't added such a diverter given it's been a known issue for over two years with a relatively inexpensive easy fix.

irvin56

I own one

And the ac works good through out unit. I had to take my grates out to remove a lot of the styrofoam from them but we get good airflow. Maybe a bit of stry styrofoam stuck in channel. May want to just remove a vent and try pushing a small wire thourgh??? a snake for sink drains ???
Or a fish tape the electricians use??

The Lamb Family

Family Traveler
I to have had this problem, the outflow plenum at the unit was not sized (balanced appropriately) the allowable area for the rear (bunk house) is larger than that for the front. To help the problem one can allow the size of the plenum to the front to be slightly larger or equal to the one for the bunk house. You will also find something similar for the heater. Heartlands intentions were great they just need to work on balancing the a little better.

Keep me in the loop with any new fixes.

Hope this helps.