Tow Vehicle Tires

Redrider007

Looking for recommendations on a good E Rated Off road tire for my F350. I like the BFGs but reviews seem to suggest they wear down quickly. I would like to get at least 40K out of them. Not looking for huge tires 275-65-18

CarterKraft

Looking for recommendations on a good E Rated Off road tire for my F350. I like the BFGs but reviews seem to suggest they wear down quickly. I would like to get at least 40K out of them. Not looking for huge tires 275-65-18

I used to suggest BFG AT until I had 2 throw the tread and destroy my truck...

I used to suggest Toyo Open Country until I had 2 break tread belts on one trip to Branson, MO...

The Toyos do last longer than the BFG's at the expense of more tread noise.

Kathi-27

bridgestone duravis r500 hd. pulled to denver and back plus a few other runs about 7000 miles wore 1/32 pulling 16000 lbs

schew

nitto-ridge-grappler.jpg
I've read good reviews on the Nitto Ridge Grabbers, and am having them installed on my F250 Powerstroke tomorrow. They are a hybrid design between an AT and MT tire...

FYI, I was going to purchase the Toyo RT which is another hybrid AT/MT tire. They were about $30 more per tire and have a mileage guarantee...

I went with the Nitto's for two reasons, their load capacity and price..
Nitto 35x11.5 20R E rating is 3525lbs. @70lbs.
Toyo 35x12.5 20R E rating is 3195lbs. @ 65lbs.

Having said that, both tires' rated combined load capacity exceed my F250's rear axle weight rating of 6k lbs.

orion7144

My 17' superduty came with Michelin 275/65 20 and am very pleased with them. 19k miles and only down to 9/32. I hit a broken curb on our last trip (luckily not towing at the time) and the side wall got a hole in it. Clearly my fault but I called Michelin anyway and they are paying for the tire as a good gesture.

schew

My 17' superduty came with Michelin 275/65 20 and am very pleased with them. 19k miles and only down to 9/32. I hit a broken curb on our last trip (luckily not towing at the time) and the side wall got a hole in it. Clearly my fault but I called Michelin anyway and they are paying for the tire as a good gesture.

I was able to get about 60k miles from the stcok Michelin AT2's. They are quiet, wear great and have a high load rating. But I believe the OP is looking for a more aggressive tread pattern as these Michelin are street tires.

dbbls59

I found that Firestone Transforce had poor traction on wet roads. On wet pavement I had to really ease the throttle down or the tires would spin. This was on a single rear wheel towing a 34 foot 5er.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Just returned from the first trip with the new GoodYear DuraTrac tires. About 650 miles. Just had them put on 2 weeks prior to the trip. Very Pleased!!! Aggressive look. Wider tread path. Virtually no road noise. Maybe a slight hum, but hardly noticeable. Nothing that isn't drowned out by the hum of the Cummins. We also had the unfortunate pleasure of testing them in about an hour of torrential downpours on both interstate and 2 lane travel. Extremely happy. No issues.

Con- Soft compound. Probably won't get the mileage that some want out of a set of tires. Also, took some lead to get them balanced. Had Goodyear do the install. Horrible vibration. Took it to the local tire shop the next day. 4 of the 6 needed rebalanced. Now, smooth and true.

ngahc9.jpg

ev2jc5.jpg

2dvlkw9.jpg

Good luck in your choice.