LED Lounge Lights

Piperflyer

The (4) LED ceiling Lounge lights just quit working altogether on my Bighorn. I checked the fuse and it is good. I can't believe the 4 lights burnt out at the same time. I'm not that familiar with working with LED lights, how can you tell if they are burnt out? Would any of you have a remedy or recommendations to trouble shoot the cause?
Thanks

Fox

I'm not an expert but what I'd do is take the four suspect bulbs to another working fixture and sub them in one at a time.
Another item I'd suspect is the line that feeds the four lamps, maybe it got cut/ pinched in a moving part. Try checking for 12V within the lamps.

Lastly I'd say you NEED to purchase a new BigHorn (words my Dad - car dealership owner - told many a customer/ RIP).

Fox

His mentioning the switch got me to thinking (ouch!); I was visualizing separate on/off switches at each overhead fixture while he speaks of a single on/off switch.
Now my thoughts are that it may use both - and someone may have "offed" each light individually before you came along and threw the master switch and found them in-op.

I once had that very problem (2004 24' HiLo). My shower had an individual switch within the tub area - but there was a master on/off switch over the sink. Both switches had to be on to operate the shower light.

SNOKING

The lights most likely do not have individual switches. I would check power at the switch and then at the front two lights. They would in wired in series. A connection may have come loose at the first one in the series. Could be the hot or the ground wire. Working on boats I had a long made up ground lead for my multi meter(to obtain a know good ground point). it came in handy sometimes in trouble shooting electrical issues.

Chris