2015 3650bh inverter/ Fridge or microwave

Searched the forum and thought I had solved my residential fridges problem by replacing inverter with larger but fridge still doesn't work on inverter. I am starting to think it was not wired in inverter circuit as it had never worked.Fridge fires right up on generator and gets cold but not on inverter.

I know the inverter works as the microwave works when on inverter power. Is the inverter only for the fridge or is the microwave wired in same circuit on other units? Was thinking they wire nutted the wrong wires together at the jbox behind the fridge looking at pictures.

Tried pulling fridge but didn't have tools to pull trim to get to Hold down brackets on top of fridge. Wanted to reach out to others on wiring before pulling trim to pull fridge at parked spot in the woods. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Dirty,

There should be a transfer switch that changes over to the inverter output when shore power/generator power is removed.

There's a block diagram of the electrical in our owner-written Residential Refrigerator Guide.

Thanks for replying. I was following the diagram trying to run down the issue when I couldn't get behind the fridge to check the wiring. I know the transfer switch works as it powers the microwave on 12v and switches over when on 120v generator. The diagram doesn't show you what is on the Inverter circuit as it just references the breaker panel. I always assumed the microwave and fridge were somehow wired on the same inverter circuit which lead me to believe it was undersized.. I am now starting to think they are separate circuits just like the main panel. When checking the panel on generator power the breakers turn off the respective appliances by breaker. That is why I was reaching out to the knowledge of this group to see if they only have the fridge on the inverter circuit or other appliances also.

I have a basic understanding of wiring but am trying to minimize tearing the coach apart if there is an easy fix.

LBR

Swap the Microwave and Refrigerator plugs and recepticles.

Your Microwave shouldnt work off of inverter...only the refrigerator should. Sounds like factory or dealer crossed them up.

danemayer

On most coaches with residential refrigerators, the output of the refrigerator's transfer switch is dedicated to the refrigerator. I think there may be some toy haulers where it also powers an outlet next to the refrigerator. The factory installed inverter is only 1000 watts which is just barely what's needed when the refrigerator's compressor kicks in.

The inverter is typically in the front compartment, with the transfer switch close by. There are also usually some junction boxes in that same vicinity. You may want to check the junction boxes.