Electric Rear Jack Question

Fordsd250

I have been having a problem with my rear jacks not working. It started at first with me having to push the power button a few time for it to work, and now it won't work at all. I replaced the switch but no help. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks:confused:

jnbhobe

I would start by checking the connections at the motor and make sure there is power there,and check for a good ground. If that doesn't work it may be time to check the motor itself. It may just be dirty,the DC motors are pretty simple. Hope this helps JON;);)

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Another thing to check is the roll pin on the motor coupling. Over time the pin works out and locks the motor from turning. I have replaced mind a few times.

Fordsd250

Thanks for the replies. I checked all connections and then replaced the switch. After that did not help, I took the motor off and took it apart and cleaned it up and now is working fine. The pin was working out, so put that back.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
To help keep the pin in place, use a wire tie around the coupling over top of the pin. Keeps the pin in place and less time at the CG under the camper looking for that little pin in the dirt.