Sofa/Bed stowage for transport

Hi:

I don't have a specific manual on the sofa beds, just the Happijac manual for
the lifts.

My question is on transport. I thought for transport you either had to have the sofa beds
in the down (bed or bench position) with the leg out, or up and hanging down against the
walls.

I see a picture on the Heartland site where it's up all the way in the bed position up against
the queen drop down bed (up on the ceiling) so the sides are wall to wall at the bottom.

Seems to me this would put a lot of stress on the locks when it bounced but is this a legit
transport position? It would give me maybe 10" more inches of width not having the sofa bed
hanging down the wall on each side.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

John O

PondSkum

I'm not sure about the new style beds, but the older ones, like mine, do not hinge down against the walls. They fold flat and rise up under the upper bunk bed for transport. Not sure if this helps much, but the photo you saw may have been this style of bunk vs. your style that hinges down against the walls.

Lynn1130

I see a picture on the Heartland site where it's up all the way in the bed position up against
the queen drop down bed (up on the ceiling) so the sides are wall to wall at the bottom.

That is the recommended position for the older units. That is what mine recommends. Since then I have done the mod that allows my lower bunk/benches to hang on the side so that I can get my UTV in without banging the top on the lower bunk. I leave them hanging down when not in use. Either way, is fine according to HappiJac.

Thanks for the responses. When I had two motorcycles in there I had the bunks against the wall and that was fine, but I could see where
having them up against the ceiling to get a little extra width could help.