Concerns of post repair (water damage) issues

We recently had severe water damage to our new camper from a faulty toilet mechanism. It broke and flooded the entire camper. The manufacturer is taking it back to strip it down to the frame and repair it but what are the chances of getting mold where they can't see..... That is a big concern of mine and after talking to the warrantee dept, they don't seem to be interested in our concerns. They said if you get mold....call us. WHATEVER..... When spending 43,000 on a brand new camper I was hoping Heartland would be more concerned, and loyal to their customers....but apparently not! We really wanted a different one so we dont have to worry about future problems stemming from this. I know this will be the last Heartland product I will buy. Mary Peterson

sandman

Hey mary i know your frustration but i owned 5 different trailers, 5ers ,motorhomes and all the manufatures are basilcly the same, but on the other hand make sure you get it dried out all the way and you wont have any problem with mold. Mold loves to live in damp places . Sorry for your problem , Take care.

Thanks for a quick reply....I guess i am frustrated because they said call us if you get mold....well how are we going to know if there is mold until someone gets ill? And then we would have to have them come get it again and tear it apart again.. It is very aggravating. Thanks for caring. I appreciate it. May Peterson