Flashing campers exterior lights

Fox

A fun tip stolen from another site - did you know you can easily ($4 - $8) flash your campers exteriors lights? This makes it very easy to spot yours when returning to a dark unfamiliar place; it is also festive for the holidays.

Just get an automotive flasher and plug it in to the harness that otherwise plugs in to your tow vehicle. The two male flasher prongs go in to the two female holes that surround the tab that orients the correct positioning in the vehicle. Just that simple.

Note: if your campers plug is old/ worn you may need to soldier thick wires onto the flashers plugs, just so it can mechanically make electrical contact.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Flasher.jpg
    Flasher.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 40

Fox

I've been aware of this for maybe 5 years; other than my own infrequent use I've never seen it before. It has lead to several interested inquiries.

BusManRG

If you ever attend a northern California rally, you will see a flashing frenzy! Some have even put them on dawn to dusk sensors.

Sandy

hoefler

I actually made a box with a recepticale in it with a flashe and 2 way switch, I can flash ohave the running lights on continuous. It also has a plug for my flag light that I fly off the pn box.

Fox

For those desiring constant on lights simply jumper the same two pins with a heavy piece of wire; be careful and insulate it so it doesn't short out to the trailer frame.

Attachments

• electrocuted.jpg
    electrocuted.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 34

olcoon

For those desiring constant on lights simply jumper the same two pins with a heavy piece of wire; be careful and insulate it so it doesn't short out to the trailer frame.
Or you could just put a fuse like goes in your vehicle in it.

Fox

I gather that some folks are dead set against this but as I originally stated it is useful in finding your place in an unfamiliar campground, directing guests to your place and/or just something festive during holidays. Of course YMMV.

porthole

Retired
I gather that some folks are dead set against this but as I originally stated it is useful in finding your place in an unfamiliar campground, directing guests to your place and/or just something festive during holidays. Of course YMMV.

At Massey's Landing during the spring rally, the side opposite the rally side, the lot looked like a New Jersey Mall at Christmas time at night. :rolleyes:

And those laser like LED's that so many manufacturer's are now putting on the cap serve no useful purpose other then to 'make light'. You can't use them for running lights and they are about useless for hooking up at night since they are directed forward.

Fox

I presume some of y'alls biases come from having too many campers lite up at the same time; my experience is different in that I've never seen another one doing it.