First trip with the new setup!

KyleC

We now have 160 miles under our belts with the 2017 Pathfinder pulling our prowler lynx 25lx! Well actually, the Pathfinder full of me, my wife, 4 kids and a dog pulling the prowler 25 lx two dogs 4 bikes and all our stuff! We made it! I can officially change my signature to successfully pulling!
fa779cef464a406e474e267165dfe0b7.jpg

2017 Pathfinder SL "attempting to tow" Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx
4816 lbs dry wieght

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats! You might want to go ahead and get your setup scaled. Look for a CAT scale at truck stops.

Check out http://rvtowcheck.com

That back wheel-well of your tow vehicle looks kinda low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleC

Thanks for that I'll have to check into that I know I'm at Max Tow for sure. I need to tweak the weight distribution as it was set up for the previous owner's vehicle but didn't have time to make adjustments. Not to mention the Pathfinder has some seriously soft rear suspension.

2017 Pathfinder SL towing Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx
4816 lbs dry wieght

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Glad you had a safe successful trip... However I am concerned with your tow vehicle. That is a lot of trailer for that Car. Especially with all of the bikes, dog, food, & family, loaded up. Please get to a scale and check things out like Erika said. It only takes 1 bad situation to change your life forever. SORRY to go there but it happens.....
Be sure to never overload the rear of the trailer behind the axles. To much weight back there will take over control of your vehicle in a split second when you least expect it. Been there done that. I have seen many major accidents from this same thing.
Remember your FAMILY'S in this car.

Be sure to weigh it fully loaded. Food, Dog, Bikes, Family, or at least add all of that into your figures.

Again I want to be excited for you and family on your future trips, but I concerned with your safety and the safety of the rest of us on the road.

KyleC

Agreed. safety is my number one concern. I did a lot of research and praying before buying this unit and Tow vehicle. It is definitely at the top of my Towing but it's still in limit. I definitely will take it to the scales just to check. I've been towing a trailer for the past 12 years daily for work. So I'm confident driving a larger trailer. I definitely appreciate all your concerns I want to take this very cautiously. And very excited about this journey but don't want to be ignorant. I love this forum and appreciate all your inputs

2017 Pathfinder SL towing Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx
4816 lbs dry wieght